For thos who are newbies and who are careful

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Whould you care for a shield?

• Yes

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 28 84.8%
  • don't care

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sir_edmond

In my own world
Aug 12, 2003
Boston
Visit site
A shild for thos who wants cover. And since we are squade base we can hide from light to mediam power shots. (You can't be to careful) it is do-able it might need some sort of peep hole and a key that moves it the the side so you can shoot or Right infront of you to block

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
Infiltration is a military/spec-ops simulation and as far as I know, shields are mostly used in police forces.

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
uhuh it's not because a shield was put in CS that we need one in Inf. this kind of shield only protect from pistol rounds AFAIK. but don't worry, there are kevlar vest in 2.9. it's not very effective but can save your life :)

sir_edmond

In my own world
Aug 12, 2003
Boston
Visit site
Okay scrach the sheild. But I have seen on the news that the U.S. Milatary is creating some sort of powered combat suit. I do know its black and they say its uses static electricity to stop bullets dead in there track or reduce damage.

sir_edmond

In my own world
Aug 12, 2003
Boston
Visit site
The power combat suit it has good sides and down sides the good side is it could might block bullets from all sides of you body. yet it can only last so long casue it uses electricity BTW its much lighter than 3a as i see.

kungpaosamuraiii

HOVER TANKS
Mar 31, 2002
Cali
It uses braided steel nano-fibers to make a really tough armor. Also utilizes basically the whole landwarrior stuff into a suit.

sir_edmond

In my own world
Aug 12, 2003
Boston
Visit site
I hate to go back but I have saw on T.V. that there is a special codeing which cases bulets to shatter on impact so put that on a shild and bullets shadder on impact. I would show you if I could Find a bios of the scorpion tank (british) But I know it uses aluminum allow armour and coded with the special coding and holds the fastest tank speed record. Question is "Do yhey make a shild like that".

ravens_hawk

Apr 20, 2002
Visit site
I think it goes something like this:
Start translation
I hate to go back, but I have seen on TV that there is a special coating which causes bullets to shatter on impact. So (why not) put that on a shield and bullets would (then) shatter on impact.
I would show you if I could find details (perhaps bios meant biographies) of the British scorpion tank. But I know it uses aluminum alloy amour coated with the special coating and holds the fastest tank speed record. My question is "Do they make a shield like that?"
End translation
sir_edmund, please inform me if this is an improper translation.
Please note I have translated this information only, I have no knowledge of the validity of this information and I make no claims to know anything about this topic.
This information was translated for the sole purpose of reading ease and comprehension.

mute_dammit

Just mute, dammit!
Sep 11, 2001
ravens_hawk said:
...the British scorpion tank. But I know it uses aluminum alloy amour coated with the special coating and holds the fastest tank speed record.
Hey, that does sound cool, if a bit goofy. Seems like a special coating (I'm assuming a coating of peanut butter here) that shatters bullets could be put to better use than helping deliver tanks full of scorpions though, no? Maybe an Armored Rapid Woodchuck Delivery Iglou? So yeah, one of those in Inf, please.

Domino

< Phoenix Rising >
Oct 25, 1999
Houston
Hey, that does sound cool, if a bit goofy. Seems like a special coating (I'm assuming a coating of peanut butter here) that shatters bullets could be put to better use than helping deliver tanks full of scorpions though, no? Maybe an Armored Rapid Woodchuck Delivery Iglou? So yeah, one of those in Inf, please.

Armored Rapid Woodchuck Delivery? I don't get it. :con:

kungpaosamuraiii

HOVER TANKS
Mar 31, 2002
Cali
As long as it is phonetically sound it's all good.

Such a coating couldn't exist, it would have to be some sort of finish that somehow breaks up steel structures that hit at a point. That'd be rediculous though since, if such a substance existed, they'd be used on airplanes and used to protect VIPs by making them take a bath in the stuff.

I'm pretty sure it's the material that it's made of. There are some pretty dense material out there that stays together even when hit with something like an AP bullet. How it's made is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.