Lightning Gun weaponswitch bug?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The Warden

this is usually where youll find me
Jan 24, 2003
Visit site
most of you's know it takes 3 seconds to recharge the LG when you fire it.

Switch weapons and it fires under the 3 seconds!!!!

as shown in:

Attachments

• LGbug3.zip
    29.7 KB · Views: 16

Swift Viper

Long live Xmas Xan Mark III(By Hyrulian)
Without downloading (Seen another demo showing something like that), the Lightning Gun actually fires every 1.8 seconds (10% faster actually). I could try to test it by setting the fire rate really high in the console (like five seconds or so) to see if the time gets reset everytime a new weapon is fired before it has finish recharing.

Last edited:

Original9

Deleted.
Jul 28, 2001
I noticed this with my RL - LTG useage. I fire once with the LTG, then switch to the RL, fire, then switch back.

The Warden

this is usually where youll find me
Jan 24, 2003
Visit site
Swift Viper said:
Without downloading (Seen another demo showing something like that), the Lightning Gun actually fires every 1.8 seconds (10% faster actually). I could try to test it by setting the fire rate really high in the console (like five seconds or so) to see if the time gets reset everytime a new weapon is fired before it has finish recharing.

TTM is like 2 seconds recharge.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
This is incorrect.

That demo doesn't show a thing, the time is practically the same. You hear the LTG sound finish before the next shot is fired.

It's just ending normal, it just looks faster because another weapon is being fired. This is BS, and trust me, I know a way to get the LTG to fire faster, and this ain't it.

Anyone feel free to conduct the following test in any controled normal conditions.
  1. Bind a key too:
    pipedswitchweapon 9| pipedswitchweapon 4
  2. Then hit that key, until you have the LTG in hand.
  3. Fire, and hit that key again (should switch to Shock).
  4. Fire, hit that key again, and hold fire before the weapon comes out.
  5. If done properly, you'll notice it doesn't fire imediately, because it's waiting to finish the charge.

You can even zoom the LTG and show the charge bar, if you wanted to record a demo for all to see. I don't feel like doing this right now, but you have all the info you need to know this is not a bug, but a preception problem.