Uhh, am I getting hacked?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
ok sorry i'll cut it out. :B

seriously though, what are those e-mails suppose to mean and why are you getting them? Are you running a firewall?

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
Aren't Deamon's those things that email u when an address can't be found or there's something wrong with the mail?

G-Lite

ftw
Jul 25, 2000
g-lite.kochen.nl
A daemon is simply a background process.
CRON is a daemon that allows you to schedule applications to be run at the given time.
I have no idea what the php script is supposed to do.

Last edited:

G-Lite

ftw
Jul 25, 2000
g-lite.kochen.nl
BeoWolf said:
So I suppose it will stop?
No idea, depends on how cron is setup.
fclean.php could be a cleanup script that runs every few hours... or every day.. or something like that.
That's just a wild guess though.
Guess you should contact the server admin. Forward the mail to him.

Fluid

Zen fascists will control you
Aug 2, 2000
Maastricht, the Netherlands
I think it's quite obvious what the mail means really...the CRON daemon can't find a PHP file specified in a task :p

Did your host move or change anything about the server?

FaT CaM

Not much...
Apr 5, 2002
¯\(˚_o)/¯ I DUNNO?
Sometimes I get hackers typing stuff to me in my notepad...

He/She could open my CD drives, run programs and pretty much use the computer like they were there.