PDA

View Full Version : Can you modify the existing UT2k3 weapon models?

Euphoric Beaver
10th Aug 2003, 10:24 AM
I haven't much experience of modelling and exporting/importing the weapon models but I want to modify the LinkGun as it looks spiffy as an AssualtRifle. Anyway, I want to add a scope and extend the barrel a lil more, is this even possible?

is0s
17th Aug 2003, 06:48 PM
I don't think it is, not unless you can get hold of the original ut2003 wepaon models and anims, you would then have to re-import everything after making whatever changes to the original model.

RAZZ
17th Aug 2003, 09:59 PM
I agree with isos.

I kinda suppose you could attach something through code if your good. you'd still need the scope model mesh w/mounting bracket(plus texture) assuming its even possible to do that for a 1st person model.

JackReacher
18th Aug 2003, 04:02 PM
If you were to modify an exisiting weapon it would need to be re-unwrapped, skinned, animated, and imported. A lot of pain for just a modification.

is0s
18th Aug 2003, 06:52 PM
ummm.... not really, if you was going to add a scope for example, i would just give it it's own maps and texture (512x512) then attach it to the main model, making sure the bone influence is edited to include the new attachment, all u would have to do then is import the new model and u could apply all the existing anim becuase the bone setup would be the same!

RAZZ
20th Aug 2003, 09:30 PM
It wont be simple whichever road you choose.
The human 3dmax models were released, but I havent heard of the guns or any others comming out yet.

Radiosity
21st Aug 2003, 05:55 AM
No they haven't been released. You can place a weapon as an xPawn then convert to a Smesh and export that, but you'd have to re-rig it (1st and 3rd person versions) yourself.

JackReacher
14th Sep 2003, 11:09 AM
ummm.... not really, if you was going to add a scope for example, i would just give it it's own maps and texture (512x512) then attach it to the main model, making sure the bone influence is edited to include the new attachment, all u would have to do then is import the new model and u could apply all the existing anim becuase the bone setup would be the same!

Sorry my bad :p