For those of you who don't have photoshop but want it. WARNING ITS TRULY AMAZING!! ;)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Moshman

Inquisitivness Owns
Aug 6, 2003
Today I was sitting at my computer, and I wanted to run photoshop a make a few textures for a map I'm making. Then I forgot that my other box woth photoshop on it was at a buddies house, so I was very depress for a while. Then, I remembered a little OS called Linux one of my buddies showed me. It has this neat little program called "the GIMP". I loved it alot and found out that Gimp is way better then photoshop. (although interface is hard getting used to) In photoshop I had a hard time creating cronas, I spent hours figuring it out... When I ran Gimp it was as easyas 1, 2, 3, litally! Just plug in a few settings and theres your custom UNEIQE corna to spice up maps!!! The best part I think was making textures seamless, In photoshop you have to go though a whole process of gettin rid of seams in your textures. In Gimp all you have to do is use the "Make Seamless" filter and *boom*your there.
Thats not the best of it. The best part is that..... IT'S FREE!!!!!!!!!
No evaluation, no purchase not a penny spent, and it's a pretty good program for nothing!!!!
Check it out a http://www.wingimp.org/ even if you have photoshop.
Check out the crona I made in 2 minutes.

Attachments

• crona.jpg
    crona.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 41

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
The Gimp is great, no doubt about that, but it doesnt compare to Photoshop. :)

But if you cant get a warezed version of photoshop then the Gimp is the way to go.

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
yeah, this is probably one of the more gimp involved forums online :lol:

When someone posts their picture, there is the inevitable "let the gimping begin" post :p

Moshman

Inquisitivness Owns
Aug 6, 2003
I still like photoshop way better, but free professonal graphics program? You can't go wrong!
My opinion about warez is that the only thing good about it is it made me buy photoshop after I *cough cough* checked it out *cough cough*. ;)
I don't do warez anymore unless there is no worthy tryouts or demos of the program I want to check out. And even then I would buy the program and support the people who make great apps.

Thrash123

Obey Leash Laws
Jul 19, 1999
Nowhere to be found.
www.classicwfl.com
Gimp is fine and dandy, but I prefer photoshop. I still have version 5.5, and I don't plan on upgrading anytime soon. You just have to watch Ebay for stuff like Photoshop, you can get it for pretty cheap if you are a good shopper. I got an entire Adobe and Macromedia package for about 100 bucks.

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
Lizard Of Oz said:
I found Photoshop 1.0 in Computer Warehouse bargin bin for $50.00. I bought it and every up-grade since. Saved hundreds of $$$, and I'm legal.

i think u may be part of a small handful of people ;)

only ever used PSP7 and PS6 and i hated PSP7 and stuck with PS6

Fluid

Zen fascists will control you
Aug 2, 2000
Maastricht, the Netherlands
Five minute job playing with the Bezier tool in GIMP. Could've been better, but hey, I don't feel like it.

Mind you, this was using NO source material. Just Bezier, paint, blur and noise.

[edit]
Blah...it looked better in GIMP. Oh well.
[/edit]

Attachments

• knife.jpg
    knife.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
Thrash123 said:
Gimp is fine and dandy, but I prefer photoshop. I still have version 5.5, and I don't plan on upgrading anytime soon. You just have to watch Ebay for stuff like Photoshop, you can get it for pretty cheap if you are a good shopper. I got an entire Adobe and Macromedia package for about 100 bucks.
Technically that's just as illegal as downloading it though