PDA

View Full Version : teacher "abducted" schoolgirl?

Nurulwai
7th Aug 2003, 06:46 PM
Clicky (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wiltshire/3132175.stm)

The teacher (Birch) used to teach humanities at my school here, teaching my class up until he magically disappeared.

I found out the story a while back via my sister who knows the girl in question. But then again that wouldn't matter because said girl was spreading it all round the school anyway.

It's a shame really. It's not an abduction when the person being "abducted" has OK'ed buggering off somewhere for the day. It's true he shouldn't have gone anyway, but...

I know you've only got what's said in the news article to run on, but what're your opinions on this? He's been put in jail for an abduction that wasn't, and which has also probably ****ed up his teaching career.

OM {god}
7th Aug 2003, 06:57 PM
tricky one that!
not sure its abduction as the girl went with him
but it may be that he influenced her into going.
but then again!
who knows! we dont have both sides of the story and just a bbc reporter to go off (who are crap at looking at both sides of the story and only look at the bad)

Beowolf
7th Aug 2003, 06:57 PM
..wtf?

Thrash123
7th Aug 2003, 07:17 PM
I don't think we can really call it abduction, although we really have to get into the head of the teacher to really say anything more about it (IMHO).

DeDpoet|BuF
7th Aug 2003, 08:05 PM
how old was the girl?
if she was a minor - that's definitely messed up.
if not (senior), i'd still think it'd be messed up, but not "abduction."

Clayeth
7th Aug 2003, 11:12 PM
someone tricking the girl into going with them is one of the most common ways of abduction, actually.

DRT-Maverick
7th Aug 2003, 11:45 PM
She must've been pretty stupid. I mean it's a teacher. *shiver*

And if she wants to brag about it she kinda deserves it.

Thrash123
8th Aug 2003, 12:25 AM
She must've been pretty stupid. I mean it's a teacher. *shiver*

And if she wants to brag about it she kinda deserves it.

Kids are naive, impressionable, decievable, and more. I could probably go over to the junior high in the middle of the year and get a kid to sleep with me, easy. Although I'm a college guy (pretty good looking according to girls at my college), so I already attract a few without trying.

DRT-Maverick
8th Aug 2003, 01:11 AM
I'm still considered a kid and I'm not THAT neive. Ask any of my friends and they'll be able to notice something wrong with a teacher asking you to go somewhere with him alone.

Besides that's at a highschool isn't it?

And Thrash, sadly on your part, college isn't what makes someone attractive. Nieve and ignorance make people believe it is. :B

Zarkazm
8th Aug 2003, 06:14 AM
someone tricking the girl into going with them is one of the most common ways of abduction, actually.
Girls are so easily tricked if they want to.

Clayeth
8th Aug 2003, 09:37 AM
I'm still considered a kid and I'm not THAT neive. Ask any of my friends and they'll be able to notice something wrong with a teacher asking you to go somewhere with him alone.

Besides that's at a highschool isn't it?

And Thrash, sadly on your part, college isn't what makes someone attractive. Nieve and ignorance make people believe it is. :B
Oh, come on now. Look at the other students in any highschool. There are some pretty damn supied and nieve kids around. However, I really think that natural selection needs to have a little more power these days. There are too many idiots around. Maybe we should take off warning labels for obvious stuff. Like not to eat paint thinner and stuff like that.

O.S.T
8th Aug 2003, 09:50 AM
the girl is a bitch and I bet she slept with more people than her teacher did
she is no innocent girl

Mute
8th Aug 2003, 10:57 AM
What he said!

Wait... is your avvy actually playing with a pile of crap?

Zarkazm
8th Aug 2003, 02:49 PM
What he said!

Wait... is your avvy actually playing with a pile of crap?
:lol:

Dain75
8th Aug 2003, 04:31 PM
I think the point here that everyone is missing is that the teaching should have damn well known better. It's a 14 year old girl coming onto him that is his student. He should have cut her off as soon as it started and told her that it was inappropriate ect.. I don't care how many guys she has slept with, how cute she was or how innocent or seductive she was. It was his responsibility to tell her no right away and end things. He's 27, she's 14... anyone else see the no brainer here?