PDA

View Full Version : What am I missing ?

Fluxism
6th Aug 2003, 08:32 PM
In the past I've always set mapvote to allow all CTF maps to be voted for on the 2k3 server. Now I only want a few maps to be able to be voted for. I'm doing something wrong, but cant see where;

[MapVote400b11.MapVote]
VoteTimeLimit=70
ScoreBoardDelay=10
bAutoOpen=True
MidGameVotePercent=50
MinMapCount=2
RepeatLimit=1
bScoreMode=False
bAccumulationMode=False
bEliminationMode=False
DefaultGameConfig=0
bDefaultToCurrentGameType=True
bKickVote=True
KickPercent=51
bRestartWithLastMap=False
bAnonymousKicking=False
MapVoteHistoryType=MapVote400b11.MapVoteHistory1
MapListLoaderType=MapVote400b11.DefaultMapListLoader
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xCTFGame",Prefix="CTF",Acronym="CTF",GameName="Capture The Flag",Mutators="",Options="")

[MapVote400b11.DefaultMapListLoader]
bUseMapList=True
MapNamePrefixes=CTF
MapListTypeList=XInterface.MapListCaptureTheFlag

[XInterface.MapListCaptureTheFlag]
MapNum=11
CTF-CheckMateV2
CTF-Citadel
CTF-Chrome-LE105
CTF-DeepSprinta
CTF-ElvenDreams
CTF-GardenOfHeaven101
CTF-Geothermal
CTF-Lostfaith-LE105
CTF-Maul
CTF-Orbital2
CTF-UdogzOfWar

When I have it set as above, no maps at all will be made available, the "Capture The Flag" game mode is available, just no maps. Setting bUseMapList=False, will show all the maps in the maovote window.

When I download the server.ini file after a map change, all entries under the...

[XInterface.MapListCaptureTheFlag]
MapNum=11

...have been deleted. I've tried setting MapListTypeList=XInterface.CustomMaps, adding the relevant heading;

[XInterface.CustomMaps]
map1
map2 etc

And this wont work either, the server deletes all these entries too - the header remains though. I'm obviously missing something really simple, I just dont see where...

Help! :eek:

Thanks.

BDB
6th Aug 2003, 11:57 PM
1. Take a look at the log file or post it.
2. Are you using the Ladder or Config Manager mods ?
3. Is this a dedicated server ?
4. Are you using Web Admin ? Web Admin may change the maplist, but I'm not sure.

Fluxism
7th Aug 2003, 02:40 AM
Hi again,

I checked the log file as suggested, and in it there is this error repeated over and over;

Error: MapVote CTF-Maul.MapVote (Function MapVote400b11.MapVote.GetDefaultMap:00F9) Accessed array 'MapList' out of bounds (0/0)

I assume this is the trouble? But what it means exactly, and how to fix it I have zero idea!?

Are you using the Ladder or Config Manager mods -- no
Is this a dedicated server -- yes (nix)
4. Are you using Web Admin -- yes (but so far today I have only used it to reboot the server with 'quit' once the new server.ini has been uploaded).

Thanks for your time ;)

BDB
7th Aug 2003, 02:30 PM
Hi again,

I checked the log file as suggested, and in it there is this error repeated over and over;

Error: MapVote CTF-Maul.MapVote (Function MapVote400b11.MapVote.GetDefaultMap:00F9) Accessed array 'MapList' out of bounds (0/0)

I assume this is the trouble? But what it means exactly, and how to fix it I have zero idea!?

Are you using the Ladder or Config Manager mods -- no
Is this a dedicated server -- yes (nix)
4. Are you using Web Admin -- yes (but so far today I have only used it to reboot the server with 'quit' once the new server.ini has been uploaded).

Thanks for your time ;)

No, That error is just a side effect caused by no maps being loaded.
ATM, I have no ideas as to why your maplist is being erased.
Few things to try:
- Is your map list in the UT2003.ini or the User.INI (it should not be in the User.ini.) ?
- Make sure you do not have two instances of the same maplist in your
ini file.
- Run the server with out MapVote and see if the maps list gets erased again. This will tell us whether this MapVote is causeing it or something else.
- If you are using any other mutators or server mods remove them. And try it. Need to eliminate all the possiblities.
- You can send me your whole INI file and I will look at it to see if I can find anything.
- Worst case. Delete the whole UT2003 directory and reinstall.

Fluxism
7th Aug 2003, 04:52 PM
I will do as you ask in the next day or 2, and post my findings. I believe it is probably a problem with my server though, as this is a one off incident.

Just finding out what / where :-\