PDA

View Full Version : motivation...

FireSlash
6th Aug 2003, 09:42 AM
I'm going to collapse if I work on this model any longer.... must... work... *chains self to desk*

How do you guys keep going on a long project? I always end up starting a model, and quitting when its near done. :hmm: Currently I can't get the hands right on this model, and Its driving me nuts. :(

Corran
6th Aug 2003, 10:31 AM
When I get like that, I usually stop and work on something else for a while. Then, I go back to the problem with a fresh mind, which keeps me going.

-=//[TNT]\\=-
7th Aug 2003, 04:05 PM
usually I tend to have a few moddeling projects running at the same time, like this you just can work on lets say 3 projects....if you get bored of the first one, just continue on the second one....and so on and so on :)

RAZZ
8th Aug 2003, 12:00 PM
Same here. I keep a folder full of half built stuff to work on thats not always related to my main project.
(or blow off steam in il2 when things arnt going right :D )

TaoPaiPai
9th Aug 2003, 03:24 PM
be very organized from the start.
Make a plan of what different steps you'll have to complete in order to achieve the project.
Oh and yes...That implies you must have a clear idea of your final goal :)

To avoid being bored give yourself a motivation by deciding what you'll do with the model once it's finished (import it in a TC,upload it to the net,etc..)and ask for other people advice.

JackReacher
15th Aug 2003, 05:06 PM
Definately agree with Tao. Organisation and a final deadline and objective to reach helps a lot.

Aside from that, keep going. I think once you get into the habit of finishing stuff off without taking time out to work on other things you find it easier. Instead fo eventually getting to the point where your working on 9 or 10 projects and will never get roudn to finishing any.

However, like Corran said, if its inspiration your short of, then working on another model can help.

FireSlash
15th Aug 2003, 07:56 PM
Right now I'm done with the model, but can't get it skinmapped... :hmm:

NuKeR
15th Aug 2003, 09:06 PM
What I do normally is do 30 mins of jogging and then after a nice shower Im ready for 2 or 3 more hours of work :)

RAZZ
17th Aug 2003, 12:02 AM
map while you build when possible.
things look easier when half the mess is already wrapped.
Other than that, uv'ing just plain sucks :p
Cant help yas there.

LedZep
19th Aug 2003, 01:50 AM
Tu tutu tutu... :o

C.Strife
23rd Aug 2003, 01:13 PM
The Right Motivation??

i Always put some music on while i work on my skins...
and one thing you must not do.. don't change ur project...just work on 1 project at a time if you get bored.. put music on or play a game or do something you like and get a drink too.. it helps.. ;) never stop ya project except if you need to :Poop: i finish mine in max 5.hours min. 2hours :clap:
or else i'll get ya with these :D
:Pulse: :enforcer: :rl: :instagib:

.altan
24th Aug 2003, 04:25 AM
Pull your phone line out of the modem, I eventually build up the attention. If I'm online, my concentration is ****ed over by IRC and a few browser windows.

Moshman
25th Aug 2003, 03:45 PM
I usually play a game UT2003 online to get "reinspired"