BuF FragBU Video- The Editing Begins!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DaBeatard

Mr.How
Nov 20, 2002
Visit site
Alright guys, so after four pages of posts, I've decided to take a shot at actually putting a FragBU video together. For those of you that don't know, we (the BuF forumers) play weekly games and we want to put together a kind of 'highlight' reel.
Here's the deal, after some capture/editing tests last night I've come to the conclusion that it would be easier for me to do all of the capturing from demos myself. The captured files are just too big to be easily moved around and I want to be consistent in image quality.

So, if you want to be in the video, please post in this thread:
-The name you want displayed
-The exact time in a demo you want a shot pulled from
-Any special skin you may have been using at the time

At the moment all that I have are server-side demos from NA FragBU's. If there are any demos from the Euro FragBU's, than please post them here so I can capture from them too.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I have an excellent headshot on rev but I don't know if that is movie quality. I hope Ren makes it to FragBU this week so I can give him another lap dance for letting me borrow his shower singing CD ;)

BigFolks

Apr 16, 2003
ooh i cant wait til its completed! i just wish i could take part in this. you guys are way ahead of me in this video it'd be hopeless for me to begin! :p

and er- what exactly is it again? a music video?

DaBeatard

Mr.How
Nov 20, 2002
Visit site
You can take part BigFolks. We have FragBU's on Friday and Saturday nights. It's on WebSlinger's server and he posts the info the day of. We play nw ctf but sometimes dm. Server-side demos are taken and we'll be taking clips from those demos. So stop by on either or both of the nights. :)

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
I would give you some help or rather give you some footage of me doing something amazing........the problem is that i'm not amazing.

I've done some good shield swapping against Flame and Scumgrief but it's rather boring to watch.

But I really do appreciate the effort that you're going through to make a Vid.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
If anyone's interested, I'll should be at FragBU this week, so everyone can get some easy kills for the vid. ;)

Okay serious now:

Hanover - You're not giving yourself enough credit. I've seen you pull off some amazing shock combos. I should know, because I'm usually respawning right afterwards. I don't think we really need "amazing" or sic moves from everyone, but something like you clearing the Citdel bridge of two or three guys by yourself would, I think, look great in the vid. Even cool looking shots like, I don't know, teamates back to back holding off defenders. Or even humorous clips. Heaven knows we should be able to get plenty of them.

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
approx how long is this going to be? 1 minute? 30 seconds? 5 minutes? I am just wondering cause I can maybe make some music for it just playing in the background...

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
Renegade Retard said:
Hanover - You're not giving yourself enough credit. I've seen you pull off some amazing shock combos. I should know, because I'm usually respawning right afterwards.

Well, you've usually got around a 250+ ping. So you're probably not seeing much in terms of what i'm actually doing.

So you may die from a combo but trust me when I say that my combo's aren't amazing, they're just plain ole flat footed standing combo's.

BigFolks

Apr 16, 2003
I cant wait to see some of you guys's skills :p I can't say i'll be much of a challenge because i did drop ut2k3 for a couple of weeks so my skills are a bit rusty. I managed to win a couple of dm today against some mediocre skilled ppls. If i'm beating ut99 on inhuman does that mean i may be worthy challenge? just curious.

DaBeatard

Mr.How
Nov 20, 2002
Visit site
Raffi_B said:
approx how long is this going to be? 1 minute? 30 seconds? 5 minutes? I am just wondering cause I can maybe make some music for it just playing in the background...
Well, I've already got about 20 seconds edited together for an intro and I expect it to go a little bit longer (I still need to put titles on). I expect the bulk of the video to be in the player highlights. So I would say probably over 3 minutes, but who knows, it all depends on how many people want in on this.
If you want to contribute some music, go for it! I have some stuff that I want to use, but I'm always open to suggestions.

BigFolks

Apr 16, 2003
Rev.Whoopass said:
come to fragbu tomorrow night and see.

That sucks though, you've seen me play and i got fragged a couple hundred times. LOL well actually a few. I can't lie. You got so bored you took a break. Man, i'm definitely not worthy but i tell ya what, In ut99, i'd roxxor your boxxor. :)

[Ci]Necro

Dec 8, 2002
www.clanci.net
I had an idea for the movie... what about a string of headshots (nice shots or not, just headshots) about 20-30 seconds worth maybe (or less), all put to the music, headstrong by Trapt ... every single time i hear that tune on the radio, i feel the urge to jump into premiere and start one of my old movie projects again, it seems to work so well with ut2k3 :) tho, its just my opinion ;)

Rev.Whoopass

Sperm Bot
Aug 5, 2000
Connecticut
Visit site
BigFolks said:
That sucks though, you've seen me play and i got fragged a couple hundred times. LOL well actually a few. I can't lie. You got so bored you took a break. Man, i'm definitely not worthy but i tell ya what, In ut99, i'd roxxor your boxxor. :)

skill doesn't mean anything for FragBu's.It's all about getting together after a long week,and having fun.

btw......I was better in UT99 ,than I ever will be in 2K3 ;)

DaBeatard

Mr.How
Nov 20, 2002
Visit site
|OUF|Necro said:
I had an idea for the movie... what about a string of headshots (nice shots or not, just headshots) about 20-30 seconds worth maybe (or less), all put to the music, headstrong by Trapt ... every single time i hear that tune on the radio, i feel the urge to jump into premiere and start one of my old movie projects again, it seems to work so well with ut2k3 :) tho, its just my opinion ;)
:tup: Awesome idea.

The Warden

this is usually where youll find me
Jan 24, 2003
Visit site
I've rarely ever played. :( (sometimes a good thing.)

if I happen to be in one (dieing of course) it's ok.

Model=Cobalt, Name=Worst-Player-Eva