Idea for a sniper weapon

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Swift Viper

Long live Xmas Xan Mark III(By Hyrulian)
Remember, this is just a idea, not something they should do, just a idea. Tell me if you like it or not.

If you use the zoom while standing up, the view would move around some while zooming, making it hard to aim. If you crounch, the zoom will stand perfectly still, but a laser dot (or tracer trail) will be added, making it possible to be found. Standing up would have no way of tracing you back (besides the muzzy flash from the gun), but it is much harder to aim, while crouching down is much easier to aim, but gives you away.

Again, is this idea any good?

Edit: Please read my 2nd post and idea below before commenting.

Last edited:

Swift Viper

Thank you :D ! I also came up with another idea kind of like the first one. Standing up or crouching would not change anything for this idea. The shots will be untraceable if your not zooming in, but if you zoom in, the shots will be traceable. Please comment on this idea and the one in my first post.

Rev.Whoopass

Sperm Bot
Aug 5, 2000
Connecticut
Visit site
sounds realistic.that's why I dislike the idea.

I play these types on "non-realistic" games for the simple reason..........they are NOT realistic.I wanna grab a rocket launcher and shoot people.I don't want to have anything that is realistic,if I wanted that I would play CS.

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
:tup: Rev. I HATE realisic shooters with a passion. I played Medal of Honor ONCE and that was enough... I can't stand playing any game that tells me I missed a head shot because I was moving.

Happened 3 times in a row... I come around a corner and see some dude... He sees me at the same time and completely stops moving...I'm thinking, must be a newbie if he doesn't know he should keep moving... So I start strafing around him, put my crosshair on his head... BOOM!! and I miss... Then he shoots me and I die.

I am thinking, ah just a fluke... Nope. Happened 3 more times, I kept moving, going for the easy headshot, miss and get killed by a guy standing still....

I find out, to make the game more "realistic," moving greatly reduces your accuracy... That was enough of that crap, I am sticking with UT2K3.

If I can't shoot a rocket into the ground to make myself jump higher, I don't want to play it.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
:tup: to last two posts. I am sick of realistic games. Use your imaginiation and make something original and fun for crap's sakes...

BigFolks

Apr 16, 2003
uh oh, did i hear the word realistic? and is it for the game called unreal? oh boy :p

Swift Viper

I'm not trying to turn the game into "Real" Tournament, that is why I came up with the 2nd idea in my other post, everyone seems to be looking at only the first post/idea. I feel the same way about how the game should be unreal and kind of said the same things to other people. Any comments on the 2nd idea? It sounds a little bit more unreal as in real life your weapon would not shoot a tracer for zooming in and not shoot a tracer for not being zoom in. Maybe even improve on that idea, the more you zoom in, the bigger/easier the tracer trail is to see.

BTW, I came up with that idea in bed and I am trying to make something original and fun (have the word idea my title for a reason). I can use my imaginiation well if I have enough time, I normally come up with them every once in awhile and post some here. These are some ideas I posted awhile back to pervent the weapon from being abuse at close ranage. One was to make the weapon to make the weapon do less damage if shot at close range and the 2nd idea was to make the weapon do no damage at all unless the range was at "sniping/long" range.

Last edited:

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Scumgrief said:
Laser dot = not desireable because it takes the stealth out of sniping from a camping spot.

Yeah, you like sniping from a nice quiet spot, don't you? AKA last night on Citadel. ;) You were up on the big ball/moon thing near the Deemer, weren't you? I forgot to look up there before I camped on top of the tower.

Viper - I understand where you're coming from, just throwing out idea's and seeing what sticks. Your first idea really doesn't fit into the UT2k3 style of constantly moving and fast action. Your second idea isn't too bad, that it would have much change over what's already being used.

Don't get discouraged, though, if not too many are fond of your ideas. Nothing wroing with throwing it out there and seeing what you get. :tup:

Last edited:

jasdave

Mar 16, 2002
Visit site
exactly why would they add tracers to a sniper rifle? that defeats the whole purpose...
maybe use tracers when the sniper rifle is UN-SCOPED, because it's used more as a rifle that way.

Swift Viper

jasdave said:
exactly why would they add tracers to a sniper rifle? that defeats the whole purpose...
maybe use tracers when the sniper rifle is UN-SCOPED, because it's used more as a rifle that way.
The Lightning Gun already gives you away, even without zooming in. But what would be the point of a rifle that can't zoom in? Sniping would be almost impossible then for some. The shock rifle already has long range without zoom.

Renegade Retard, thanks :tup: . I'm getting better at least, I like seeing what some people think of my ideas. Soon I might be able to come up with a idea better then the 2nd one.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Swift Viper said:
BTW, I came up with that idea in bed and I am trying to make something original and fun (have the word idea my title for a reason). I can use my imaginiation well if I have enough time, I normally come up with them every once in awhile and post some here. These are some ideas I posted awhile back to pervent the weapon from being abuse at close ranage. One was to make the weapon to make the weapon do less damage if shot at close range and the 2nd idea was to make the weapon do no damage at all unless the range was at "sniping/long" range.

I didn't intend you to think I was talking about you. I was talking about the almost INNUMERABLE amount of Realism mods being made for ANY GAME since counter-strike came out. The fact of the matter is, there will never be another Counter-Strike, so why not do something useful with your time like make something original...

P.S. Red Orchestra ignore what I just said!! And please don't screw up like Troopers did!!!