The demo morpheous?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Oreo Twist

One BuF Cookie
Sep 13, 2001
stillwater,ok
Visit site
I remember someone once said, they liked morpheous but they liked the version from the original demo better? So its been bugging me. Whats the diff? Anyone have the thing kicking around? Or did i just misunderstand and they are the same?
Thx

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Original demo? I take it you're talking about the 338 demo :D
I mean I hope so, cause that's the one I've checked out.

Differences in retail morpheus and utdemo338 morpheus:

mainly weapons.

inside building:

Retail morpheus has:

ripper, pulse and sniper.

Demo morpheus has:

Shock, Rocketlauncher and minigun.

*Top of the level, same weapons: mini and eightball (rl) and shock*

Down below:

Retail has: eightball

Demo has: Pulse

Changes in powerups:

Retail: body armour, invisibility and one weapon: the redeemer.

Demo: Shieldbelt, udamage (and two medkits)

Last edited:

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Neonite has outlined the main differences. They are more or less identical excpet maybe the position of spawn points and I think the main difference is the use of the sniper rifle which can completely transform the game. If you actually want to play the demo version of Morpheus on retail, you can actually copy the map over to the appropriate folder. I think all of the demo maps are available on the the [smiley] clan server.

Web site
http://www.smiley.lfhost.com/

Server
unreal://62.101.75.66:16500/

P.S: The very last version of UT Demo is 3.48 :p .

Last edited:

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Ah, maybe that map *was* different in some way. I play on the demo version of UT a few times per week so I assumed he was referring to the demo in general. I'll see if I can get hold of v3.38 somewhere.

Note that I know some people who were playing the demo since it came out so I can eventually ask them.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
The smiley forums are currently down (the bandwidth was probably chewed up by heavy spamming ^^) but the server should be up. Feel free to visit it and use Mapvote to switch the the demo version of Morpheus.