PDA

View Full Version : [Gun Enthusiasts] Which one is real?

El Diablo
3rd Aug 2003, 07:51 PM
One is a Tokyo Marui airsoft, the other is the real deal. So which is which? Took me a good bit of detail studying to get it right, but knowing some of the experts on this forum I wanted to see how fast someone else could get it...

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/images/games/realmp5.jpg

Swarthy_Foreskin
3rd Aug 2003, 07:53 PM
I'm a blowjob enthusiast, wanna see me shoot?

El Diablo
3rd Aug 2003, 07:55 PM
:lol:

yes please :mwink:

Super Feen
3rd Aug 2003, 09:26 PM
that tokyo marui must have full metal construction cuz i got one of those and it doesn't look that good, but if i had to guess, i'd say the one with the 8 on it.

SugarBear
3rd Aug 2003, 09:28 PM
yeah it's the darker one, because it's all plastic, the metal one looks more dulle.

Cap'n Beeb
3rd Aug 2003, 11:17 PM
In picture four, one of the magazines doesnt have the common H&K stamping on it, which is removed due to copyright reasons iirc. My money is on the darker one.

PhrozeN
3rd Aug 2003, 11:31 PM
Im gonna buy me a Tokoyo Marui AK47 someday soon with real wood SVD thumb stock grips. Mmmm, but for now I gots me a KSC Glock18c with Hi Cap mag, the bestest gas blow back evar.

BlAcK_PlAgUe22
4th Aug 2003, 03:07 AM
Those pictures are horrible.

B
4th Aug 2003, 04:43 AM
What's the fun in owning a gun?

laserL
4th Aug 2003, 04:47 AM
cause you can sneak up on someone and hold it to their head and tell them to shake their head like they are retarded, pull out their pisser and piss all over their chest, legs, and face, and scratch their arm until its bleeding or they will be shot

B
4th Aug 2003, 04:57 AM
yeh really cool to do!!! I wish I was u....

:rolleyes:

Pat
4th Aug 2003, 04:58 AM
cause you can sneak up on someone and hold it to their head and tell them to shake their head like they are retarded, pull out their pisser and piss all over their chest, legs, and face, and scratch their arm until its bleeding or they will be shot

What the ****? Is there something wrong with you?

Original9
4th Aug 2003, 04:59 AM

Shooting range for most. Airsoft gun for Airsofting.

B
4th Aug 2003, 05:11 AM
Shooting range for most. Airsoft gun for Airsofting.

Ok thats a good reason, all other reasons are plain stupid if u ask me.

phillys
4th Aug 2003, 05:28 AM
i would like to go to a shooting range one day and umm, i think number 8 is real :)

Fluid
4th Aug 2003, 06:47 AM

Who could resist real life UT?

Hunter
4th Aug 2003, 07:35 AM
the one with 3 on is real due to the pics showing paint being cipped etc

FaT CaM
4th Aug 2003, 08:16 AM
Definatley the darker one, I dont see many guns with plain metal bits on them too much. (Dont throw all these pics of revolvers and stuff at me).

fist_mlrs
4th Aug 2003, 08:41 AM
obviousely the one with the 3 on the sights is the real one (back in my army days i got issued a g3 which uses the same reticle system). the stock and magazine slot are giveaways as well.

FireSlash
4th Aug 2003, 09:22 AM
might just be an illusion, but I swear the barrel on #8 is bent :o

Cap'n Beeb
4th Aug 2003, 10:33 AM
Fist, what model of G3 was it? That's one of my favorite rifles. :D

fist_mlrs
4th Aug 2003, 10:41 AM
primary the g3a3, but i got to use a g3a4 (retractable butt) a few times as well. its a heavy bastard but quite effetive. we got to compare both a g36 and a g3, and its realy frightening how much damage you can cause with this baby :)

SugarBear
4th Aug 2003, 10:49 AM
you mislabeled your pictures, you the darker gun is fake, which you clearly pointed out in picture 1, however in picture six you label the darker gun as real.

the unfortunate thing is, the argument could go on forever, since only the person who took the picture actually knows, if I recall correctly that picture was a user submitted pic on a bunch of airsoft galleries, he never told which is real, it's supposed to be obvious to airsoft fans, which it is, anyone can tell that the darker one is forged of all the same material throughout, no metal barrel or chambers.

fist_mlrs
4th Aug 2003, 10:58 AM
i didn't go for the color at all, if you check the attached pic you'll see something i'd think to be part of the magazine slot. the image quality is pretty poor, so im not shure though

Cap'n Beeb
4th Aug 2003, 12:36 PM
Mmm, G3A4... yum. :drool: What kind of attachments were you issued, if any? :)

fist_mlrs
4th Aug 2003, 02:43 PM
none at all, 100% g3 beauty :)

Lenix
4th Aug 2003, 02:50 PM
Offhand, I'm not sure either are real, both of them tend to have things that don't appear right, and secondly, I can't do any kind of research comparison because there are too many different versions of MP5's, If it's obviousy to true Airsoft fans, then I salute them, I've yet to be able to discern texture and weight through a picture.

SugarBear
4th Aug 2003, 03:54 PM
look at it this way.

the darker one is cast in solid black plastic, there are never going to be an nicks or tears in it, and with a simple wipe-down it will return to all black status.

there is no black metal.

the gun had to have the black anodized onto it, therefore it can chip, wither away, and the color will dull over time.

if they are both fake, then the person went to huge leangths to make the lighter one look real, creating nicks, dulling the finish, etc.

if they are both real, then the darker one is brand spankin new and very well polished.

if you ever own an airsoft gun you would be able to spot a fake straight away, I can tell the darker one is fake, as fist pointed out, even though he mislabled a few pics, he had the right idea.

Lewis
4th Aug 2003, 03:57 PM
its obviously the one with number 3 on it

Cap'n Beeb
4th Aug 2003, 04:02 PM
Weight not matter that much though, if it's a full metal model.

SugarBear
4th Aug 2003, 04:11 PM
that's what I'm saying beeb, airsoft guns are plastic....all of them.

you can get metal add on parts for some of them, but they are all plastic guns.

Cap'n Beeb
4th Aug 2003, 06:46 PM
Uh... no. You can get 100% steel models now. :)

El Diablo
4th Aug 2003, 06:48 PM
Umm, actually Sugar, not all airsoft are plastic. You know Tokyo Marui and Classic Army both make fully metal and steel airsoft guns now.

btw, the fun in owning a gun is getting to umm, lets see, shoot it! Hunting is extremely fun (been doing that myself since I was 13) and going to a range or private property (preferably your own ;)) is also fun for the target practice. And some people just collect guns, just hang em on the wall and let others stare.

I like owning airsoft guns so I can play airsoft of course! If you find good people to play with or live in an area where it's popular it can be the closest thing to a real military experiance as possible (if you're into that sort of thing). It's all the fun of military combat without the risk of, umm, death. It can be very realistic if you play with the right people, a real rush!

But don't take my word for it, let these pictures of real airsoft skirmishes do the talking.

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/images/games/ca1.jpg
http://www.airsoftextreme.com/images/games/ca2.jpg
http://www.airsoftextreme.com/images/games/baash7.jpg
http://www.airsoftextreme.com/images/games/baash1.jpg

:tup:

Lenix
4th Aug 2003, 09:47 PM
B, I dunno about the weight thing, if you gave me two exactly equal guns, one loaded with real rounds, the other an airsoft replica, and both were loaded, I could tell you which was real by the weight, which was what I was getting at.

Anyways, Sugar, I've seen several MP-5A4's that were real, 9mm SMGs, that had no chips or scratches, and were a deep, dark black color, no they were not new, they were simply moderately well maintained. Chipping and scratching anodized color from metal isn't like rubbing latex paint off a plastic surface, one of them has been through some pretty rough times it looks, the other one has been maintained, or is newer.

Zarkazm
4th Aug 2003, 10:34 PM
i didn't go for the color at all, if you check the attached pic you'll see something i'd think to be part of the magazine slot. the image quality is pretty poor, so im not shure though
You mean the lever for releasing the magazine. Actually it's there on the other gun, only the guns are not perfectly parallel. Look at the screw/bolt above the lever. It's shiney metal on the gun above in pic 7.

Joeshmoe554
5th Aug 2003, 02:07 AM
The best part to owning a gun is going on private property and shooting at interesting targets. Some of the Best I've shot were, a metal gasoline container filled with water, soda cans, cups of ice, and my personal favorite Old Computer Hard Drives. :D

ExiT
5th Aug 2003, 03:44 AM
bah...the other day at work I was looking out the window and I see a guy cocks a two-tone beretta and puts it in his pocket I'm thinking "O ****" and he walks in, grabs something and pulls it out digging in his pockets and THEN tells me its a bb gun....bah he shaved and painted the orange marks that are required in US.

FCking bs it was...gg owned by airsoft =\

Lewis
5th Aug 2003, 06:54 AM
diablo... yeah airsoft sure does rule :)

El Diablo
5th Aug 2003, 03:01 PM
Hell yeah it does. Funnest unorganized hobby i've ever taken up.

And of course it can be organized, there are leagues but I'm not interested in that cuz I don't like a lot of the rules most leagues have like no fully-automatic fire for instance. Now of course its easier and more accurate to fire in semi- but there are many times in which fully automatic fire is very useful like for cover fire or suppresive when trying to move your squad through a firefight.

Plus I like being able to just go out anytime with my friends when we're together (whether its one friend for some good ole 1on1 or several) and just have fun and play out whatever scenario we want. Hostages is teh w1n!

SugarBear
5th Aug 2003, 03:19 PM
where do you live diablo?

the UK has some huge organized events, that look like great fun, I guess there's a really massive one in scotland?

at any rate, there are none near me, I have to go to either PA or WVA if I want to play, and even then you can only get about 15-20 to play.

I would kill for a huge get-together, it would rock harder than caramel covered crack.

El Diablo
5th Aug 2003, 03:26 PM
I live (mainly...) in St. Louis, Missouri. And we seem to have quite a community here for paintball and airsoft alike. Plus, the biggest range here, Bushwhackers has areas for paintball and airsoft and some for both (not at the same time of course).

Pretty much all of my good friends are into one of the two and i'm into both as well so it's all good. I can always find big numbers of people when I want to. We've had almost 60 people go before, I think that was our biggest game. Happened the summer between 10th and 11th grade. It was the funnest thing... 3v4r!

Super Feen
5th Aug 2003, 03:41 PM
around were I live there is a moderate airsoft following. We have a couple paintball places that have one or two days of the week reserved for airsoft. I don't have the time or money to play regularly, but I am like an alternate on a team my friends run and we'll have our first matches coming up this month. By alternate I mean that all I have is my MP5-A4 so I'll have to borrow all the gear I need from them whenever they need me to play, but I can't wait to play in a real organized match.

Cap'n Beeb
5th Aug 2003, 09:28 PM
El Diablo, you shouldnt be using your own weapon as suppressive fire support, thats where your LMG gunner comes in. :D

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/upload/product/img/surgeOn-Stoner-LMG-B-L.jpg

:drool:

AirsoftsurgeOn Stoner LMG in Black

This "beef" Stoner looks really cool and realistic in anodized black. Another marvelous design, which we did not mention previously, is the modular gearbox. As shown in the pictures below, the gearbox is a completely separate part that you can easily take it out for maintenance, cleaning and replacement - all in a blink of an eye.

The steps are simple. Snap off the M4 slither stock by pressing the button on right hand side, then press another button on the left to slide off the receiver. You can take apart the whole gearbox without touching/loosening any of the screws. Reversing the procedure reassembles the Stoner LMG. This is a dream solution in any AEG and cannot be compared by any other factory production from the likes of Marui of TOP. This ability greatly heightens the Stoner LMG's skirmish capability. Some of you may have experienced that ghastly feeling of having your AEG suddenly fail during a skirmish. The only choice for you when that happens is that you reluctantly get out of the game. If you have a spare gearbox with you in a skirmish event, you don't have to worry about the failure of your Stoner LMG putting you out of the game. Simply take away the original gearbox and quickly install another in few seconds - that will restore your Stoner to full operational capability. In addition, the setting of spare gearbox can be tuned to your preference in terms of fps and ROF. This allows you to bring the Stoner to various events held by different clubs, fields - which require you to comply with their restricted limits for safety reasons. The spare gearbox is an optional item available from AirsoftSurgeon.

El Diablo
5th Aug 2003, 09:35 PM
Well, actually, I've always wanted to be support fire but my cousin Gary got one from his dad (now thats a cool dad!!). It's not that Red Wolf Custom but it's the same thing without the small customizations.

Plus while it would be fun, I like to actually hit what i'm shooting at :p

But seriously, its just as an important role as any and I get to do it once in a while. If I had the money I'd get one myself but i'm happy with my gun now. Well, actually, i'm looking for a new one now. Gimme a second and i'll show you what i'm looking at getting. Should I start a new thread or just put it in here? It's kinda long plus it would be a good general airsoft thread.

Cap'n Beeb
5th Aug 2003, 09:46 PM
Eh, keep it in here, this could be like an Official Airsoft Thread

El Diablo
5th Aug 2003, 10:31 PM
Well then I want to change the thread title. Can a mod change it maybe to like...I dunno, something original like, "The Official Airsoft thread"