High and Dry

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ulukai

May 2, 2000
I need to stop drinking.

Lately, it makes me feel seriously like ****, I do stupid things and it's expensive. Thing is, I get asked out by friends and there is nothing worse than being sober surrounded by drunken idiots. What to do, eh?

GoldenMouse

Mad Hatter
Nov 14, 2001
Backwoods Ohio
Visit site
Ulukai said:
there is nothing worse than being sober surrounded by drunken idiots. What to do, eh?

It sucks, I know. If you're serious, then tell them that you'd rather stop drinking so much, and why. Also, you could suggest other places to go, or even suggest such things pre-emptively.

Dec 21, 2001
monotony
Visit site
Ulukai said:
I need to stop drinking.

Lately, it makes me feel seriously like ****, I do stupid things and it's expensive. Thing is, I get asked out by friends and there is nothing worse than being sober surrounded by drunken idiots. What to do, eh?

Im with you on this one... But its hard to go out and drink and not get totally smashed... at least I think it is.

One drink in my hands quickly turns into at least 5.

Dec 21, 2001
monotony
Visit site
oops back to back posting...

The other thing is I cant stand beer... so my drinks are always far more expensive... and while others have had 5 beers I have had 5 captain and cokes... making me a tad bit drunker then the rest of them.

Tonnberry

Untouchable
Nov 29, 2001
Hamburg
www.planetunreal.com
Be yourself and do what you want to do. If that means that some friends say stupid things about you, just because you aren't drinking alcohol, then just dont care.

When I am at a party and dont feel the need to drink any alcohol, i mostly leave when all people who are left are totally drunken.
Mostly there are some other people who dont drink anything or not that much, mostly girls, which is definately a good thing. :)

Nachimir

Crony of Stilgar
Aug 13, 2001
Shelf Adventure.
Personally, after the first few times rolling naked in my own vomit, I naturally started to control my intake a bit more.

I agree, being sober with drunk people sucks. I get around it occasionally by leaving earlier, though I'm tending more towards doing things that don't necessarily involve alcohol.

Tonnberry said:
Be yourself and do what you want to do. If that means that some friends say stupid things about you, just because you aren't drinking alcohol, then just dont care.

Self esteem on orange juice is a wonderful thing.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2001
monotony
Visit site
It might have something to with the fact that theres nothing around here to do at night besides going to bars to listen to music... or play trivia... or etc... It might jut be my age... Being right around 23.

Ulukai

May 2, 2000
I'm 25. Maybe my body is politely telling me to stop :)

Tonn, your idea is fine in theory, but I've found the implementation of that route to be tricky :p

Dec 21, 2001
monotony
Visit site
I am happy I have never rolled around naked in my own vomit. I had a friend was was drunk once and fell through a window... he got cut up pretty bad and his clothes got all messed up so he took them off and then when he saw all the blood he puked and passed out in it on his lawn. :tup:

darth_weasel

I won
Apr 20, 2002
UK
darth-weasel.tripod.com
everytime ive been drinking, i think, i shouldnt so much. but then when the choice arises again i choose to, every time. that sounds kina alcoholic, but i think its because its like you said; you feel like an idiot being around friends that are drinking if you aren't.

on a slightly related note, getting 4 player games of sega rally in an arcade when you and your friends can barely walk let alone drive, is one of the funniest things you can do,

Ulukai

May 2, 2000
The nearest arcade with sega rally in it is about 50 miles from here :/

Dec 21, 2001
monotony
Visit site
darth_weasel said:
on a slightly related note, getting 4 player games of sega rally in an arcade when you and your friends can barely walk let alone drive, is one of the funniest things you can do,

I was at a bar and took on 2 of my friends playing a racing game (I dont remember which one it was) But it had the coolest crashes... and we did alot of crashing... I owned btw.

Dec 21, 2001
monotony
Visit site
Rukee said:
Stop drinking and you`ll see who your real friends are.

I was waiting for this lame line to come up. Listen my friends and I have been through more then drinking together... and it would be moronic to abandon them now... If I did stop drinking and they didnt hang out with me as much Thats would be expected as we wouldnt enjoy doing the same things anymore... And if they have a real problem with drinking... which I am pretty sure some of my friends do... then I would be a pretty ****ty friend to ditch them in there time of need.

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
militaryspetproject said:
I was waiting for this lame line to come up. Listen my friends and I have been through more then drinking together... and it would be moronic to abandon them now... If I did stop drinking and they didnt hang out with me as much Thats would be expected as we wouldnt enjoy doing the same things anymore... And if they have a real problem with drinking... which I am pretty sure some of my friends do... then I would be a pretty ****ty friend to ditch them in there time of need.
WoW!!
Hang on!!
I wasn`t dirrecting that at you!!
It`s just when you sober up, a smoke filled bar full of loud drunks just isn`t as much fun as it use to be. You`ll see.
Also, I never had so much money sence I quit drinking!! It`s suprising how much cash you can drink in a weekend!! :eek:

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
Try a month of sobriety, and in place of going out with friends and carousing, stay home and grip your cock extra hard during stroking. About a year ago I was smoking pot daily, which went on between probably May and September, and then resumed in October until I had a bad pot trip. I've since quit pot, but I've come to feel like I need occasional inebriation and the only way I can achieve this anymore is with alcohol. It'd be wise to scale back so you aren't constantly reminding yourself how much you love being high. It's horribly frustrating that I can no longer smoke because I loved it so much because it reliably turned a mundane time or situation into something great. It seems that your friends feel the same about booze; it's like an Ol' Reliable, but the more they rely on it the less fun it'll get and it won't be so reliable eventually, and then whaddya do?