PDA

View Full Version : Multi Theft Auto for Vice City.

TossMonkey
2nd Aug 2003, 02:49 PM
It's at v0.1 and it's really cool, it has all seeing eye support now. You gotta grab this.

link (http://www.multitheftauto.com/page.php?show=news)

thewalkingman
2nd Aug 2003, 03:07 PM
yea! but is it any good?

TossMonkey
2nd Aug 2003, 03:20 PM
yeah, it's great. It's a bit unstable atm though. it supports 32 players, theres quite a few vehicles and guns. the only feature I'd like to see atm is the ability to choose your player model.

thewalkingman
2nd Aug 2003, 04:39 PM
What is it a chat client....

I am not in the game yet.....

TossMonkey
2nd Aug 2003, 05:22 PM
No, you load up ASE, find a server, connect then load up VC and start a new game. It should take you to the game in progress.

As for whether it's good or not, this picture should give you some idea.

thewalkingman
2nd Aug 2003, 05:32 PM
I got it working...
it is teh fun

thewalkingman
2nd Aug 2003, 10:47 PM
I got Swarthy to dance for me................

DRT-Maverick
2nd Aug 2003, 10:50 PM
Hey lemme get that and I wanna play

tool
2nd Aug 2003, 11:36 PM
it has a lot of work to go before it shows any real potentional, but as it is right now its a lot of fun. just add some more game modes and make it less laggy and this will be perfect. :tup:

El Diablo
2nd Aug 2003, 11:39 PM
Ahh yes, finally some more people discovering the greatness of MTA.

I've been playing MTA since it came out for GTA3 (when it was quite buggy and only supported 3 players) and now it is amazing to see what it has evolved in to.

And yes, it is HELLA FUN!! A great time! Think of all the almost infinite number of things you can do already in VC, now times that by 32 and throw in about a thousand new ideas! This is how great MTA:VC can be if you find a good server and have a good connection and decently fast PC.

I've been playing for hours already, I never though i'd have more fun than I was on BF1942, but I was wrong :D

thewalkingman
3rd Aug 2003, 01:33 AM
more screenies

Gunker jumping up and down for Ice cream
and Rogue's stunt action clips

thewalkingman
3rd Aug 2003, 01:34 AM
Me crashing into sign..Rogue moved the ramp truck when I wasn't looking

DRT-Maverick
3rd Aug 2003, 01:59 AM
that crashing into a sign was courtisy of my great parking of that truck bwahahah

Ferd
3rd Aug 2003, 03:29 AM
I was "Wow"
I think I played with Rogue a few minutes

flookster
3rd Aug 2003, 11:15 AM
Woah! This is pretty cool - I was just talking about something like this last night to some buddies. Just needs a bit more work - Ive had a few exceptional errors and someone keeps jacking my wheels out from under me usually at ridiculous speeds. :con:

Great stuff so far though. :tup:

[CD]Icedude
3rd Aug 2003, 11:55 AM
is it easier to connect to than v0.3 for GTA3?

Freon
3rd Aug 2003, 12:11 PM
it's pretty nice and doesn't lag too much. but when i played everybody was running to get the hunter, even though it can't fire :con:

they make easy targets :D

Hunter
3rd Aug 2003, 01:01 PM
think i may install VC again (i uninstalled to get some space)

El Diablo
3rd Aug 2003, 11:43 PM
Icedude: Yes, its much easier and much more stable in general.

Hunter: Yes, please reinstall, you won't regret it. This is too much fun!

Cap'n Beeb
3rd Aug 2003, 11:50 PM
Rollin down rodeo.

Hunter
4th Aug 2003, 06:51 AM
Icedude: Yes, its much easier and much more stable in general.

Hunter: Yes, please reinstall, you won't regret it. This is too much fun!

well i'm home alone going to need something to do.

could we get a BU server?

[CD]Icedude
4th Aug 2003, 08:27 AM
lvlorph can host one when we need one, like last night

Hunter
4th Aug 2003, 08:30 AM
interesting right i'll hopefully play tomorrow :D

Twisted Metal
4th Aug 2003, 03:26 PM
I agree that it's fun but at the same time it is also horrible. The bugs are ridiculous. I'm travelling top speed in a cheetah over a bridge with NO people near me at all, and all of a sudden it says you were jacked and I am walking without a car. Half the people that are running around are in a prone position and it just looks retarded. I don't think half the sh*t you do effects other players because there was a bunch of people lined up for a race, and just to ruin it I shot the sh*t out all of their tires and crashed into all of them with my monster truck. They just kept discussing the race as if no one was shooting them at all. Finally they do race and somehow me shooting their tires had no effect because they drove off normally. There is also hardly any cars at all. Once you destroy your car in the middle of no where you are screwed because the majority of the vehicles are only in the area where you spawn. I froze and had exception errors at least 5-7 times within one hour of playing. The chat system is retarded as only one person can talk at a time. Your message instantly gets overwritten when another person types something right after you. It's fun but it needs A LOT of friggin work.

Gundato
4th Aug 2003, 03:32 PM
if i could figure out why my game kept crashing when i finished i would join you.

thewalkingman
4th Aug 2003, 10:33 PM
you cannot deny that we buffers are perpetually 8 yrs old.

http://www.vintagetoyroom.com/review/img/sspvwRev1.jpg
http://www.vintagetoyroom.com/review/img/ssmtruckRev1.jpg
http://www.vintagetoyroom.com/review/img/sspall2Rev1.jpg

Gundato
5th Aug 2003, 07:28 AM
lol. but i am still gonna go with the story that rather than acting out childish memories we are instead just being very very very violent adults :p

yay violence.

phil
5th Aug 2003, 10:29 AM
lol. but i am still gonna go with the story that rather than acting out childish memories we are instead just being very very very violent adults :p

yay violence.

Arn't you like 13? :nag:

TossMonkey
6th Aug 2003, 08:38 AM
Arn't you like 13? :nag:
And incoherent too.

Hunter
6th Aug 2003, 09:02 AM
ok problems are the game version people are running:

1.0 can see others on 1.0 but can't see people on 1.1
1.1 can see people on 1.0 and 1.1

[CD]Icedude
6th Aug 2003, 12:31 PM
something i found out earlier today:

MISSION MODS WONT SCREW UP MTA!

yes! you can install any mission mod and MTA will work fine! why? because MTA uses mta.scm instead of main.scm which is what is used in mission mods, so no need to uninstall that mod where you have 256 health and armor ore whatever

flookster
6th Aug 2003, 03:09 PM
WTF?!:con:

When I opened this thread just now a window inviting me to access Jaunies server popped up. I had already hit cancel before I thought to get a screenie. Never happened before - weird.

Pillsbury Flow Boy
6th Aug 2003, 03:30 PM
Are the bikes still insta-crash like the other Mutiplayer VC mods? or have they figured a way around that yet, that's my only question...

El Diablo
6th Aug 2003, 03:42 PM
Are the bikes still insta-crash like the other Mutiplayer VC mods? or have they figured a way around that yet, that's my only question...

Insta-crash?

El Diablo
6th Aug 2003, 03:43 PM
Icedude']
MISSION MODS WONT SCREW UP MTA!

Exactly. That was one of the mistakes made in MTA for GTA3, they didn't use their own .scm file

Nurulwai
6th Aug 2003, 03:58 PM
Cars. Lots of cars.
http://www.wsheppard.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/william/lotsacars.jpg

+grenades.
http://www.wsheppard.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/william/boom.jpg

SF's idea :)

Swarthy_Foreskin
6th Aug 2003, 04:05 PM
That turned out better than I thought it would.

lvlorpheus
6th Aug 2003, 04:16 PM
MTA is great, at least this version works :P

Hunter
6th Aug 2003, 04:34 PM
true but the version erros annoy me :)

Pillsbury Flow Boy
6th Aug 2003, 09:21 PM
what I meant, was did the bikes crash the game once you tried to get on them... but I answered my question by downloading and playing :)

I've gotta say, this is probably the greatest thing to come along in a while... and I hope it doesn't crash now as bad as it did before I went to work...

but I hope they fix the little problem with getting my car stolen when I'm doing like, 90... :|

Freon
22nd Sep 2003, 03:47 AM
*bump*

The new version is out... but it won't run for me :(
every server I join, I get this error message when starting the game :hmm:

any idea?

Calva
22nd Sep 2003, 06:00 AM
@freon:
You could try this: http://forum.mtavc.com/viewtopic.php?t=3842
that works for me, but now it crashes when I want to choose my class :(

Freon
22nd Sep 2003, 09:49 AM
ooh thanks a lot, i'll try that :)
while I'm at it, what's the pass for the BuF server. I read it was "cheese" some time ago but it doesn't work now :/

ilkman
23rd Sep 2003, 05:02 PM
Hey this sounds like fun. Id like to try. What server/port/password do you guys play on?