[Insert POTD here]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Seeing the nice screenshot thread made me think. We always need a good POTD to feature on our front page. Why not put those picture taking talents to good use?

Feel free to use this thread to attach a high-caliber POTD image. If you want, you may also/instead email it to pics@beyondunreal.com . But, naturally, being that this is a forum, it would be fun for us all to see it here first. :)

Some tips for staged shots:

1) Increase your FOV slightly.
2) Turn on AA if you are not already using it.
3) Set details to high for everything.
4) Turn off HUD
5) Turn off crosshair
6) 32 bit color is better
7) convert your screenshot to .jpg. You can use a little compression (13 to 25% without too much loss) if you like

Let's try to get some good, original shots. Funny is always good, but artistic, colorful, or unusual shots also make nice POTD pics. Spontaneous in-game shots are of course welcome. Sometimes a mod or mutator can really enhance a shot (excessive and the like are good for this).

See what you can come up with. :)

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
hal said:
Feel free to use this thread to attach a high-caliber POTD image.

Pete'll kill you. ;)

Anyway, I didn't have much luck with my first screenfest. I found that doing slomo .5 or lower will allow you more time to get a good shot. That may be considered cheating by some, but I tried it for a good 100 shots and didn't get a thing. :)

Last edited:

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Oh you've done it now Hal :lol: I've got a folder of about 5Gb just of screenshots :D Got some cool stuff so I'll have a root around and see what crazy stuff I can find (BTW, I'm the king of custom content, most of it my own lol).

PoweR'

Jun 25, 2003
nothing fancy..just thought it was wierd to have a match stop like this...

Attachments

• dats.jpg
    dats.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 115

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
if you have a funny/good caption in mind for them, feel free to add that as well.

Okay... we have our first POTD! :)

Don't forget to turn that gamma up if need be, folks!

DaBeatard

Mr.How
Nov 20, 2002
Visit site
Feel free to make up your own caption. :)

deemerride.jpg

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Pic 1 - "Can we talk about this?"

Pic 2 - "A friendly game of piggy-in-the-middle"
Pic 2 Alt "I'll be the hammer, you can be the anvil"

Pic 3 - "Nonono! That's the Trigger! Silly girl...."
:D

Attachments

• darksaber.jpg
    darksaber.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 82
  • piggyMiddle.jpg
    piggyMiddle.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 79
  • silly girl.jpg
    silly girl.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
=Scumgrief]Scum want kewl robot models
:D Look out for an incoming post quite shortly where I'll be pimping a bit of my stuff that I'll be releasing soon :)
First pic is Darksaber, leader of a team of 4 bots that will be released as a skin pack - including a custom voice pack made from the Xan sounds from UT99 that 2 of the bots use, to break up the monotony of a single voice pack a bit.
I probably won't release the white skin though as that's currently my personal skin, until I make a new one.
Other skins will be described in detail with nice screenshots when I post :)

@ Beat, yeah the shotguns kick ass :D Part of a weapon pack that I most definitely won't be releasing, simply because all the models are either downloaded freebees, or taken from.....another game ;)

Last edited:

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
Me and Brizz, BigFolks and a couple of other people were messing around on this map. I was the ninja turtle flying the redeemer around trying to nuke everyone.

ninja.jpg