PDA

View Full Version : new map for ut2k3

DeVaToX
29th Jul 2003, 09:14 AM
lo all

first time posting in here so i guess iam a n00b, anyways heres a new map iv made for ut2k3 and would appreciate any feedback so i can make it the best i possably can

the map is called DM-Gallant and possably gonna make a DOM version too , anyways iv posted a few sreenies here (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?p=1169190) for u to look at :)

hal
29th Jul 2003, 12:13 PM
Looks pretty neat, I'll give it a shot tonight.

The Dopefish
29th Jul 2003, 12:34 PM
Wouldn't hurt linking us to a beta...

Raffi_B
29th Jul 2003, 12:42 PM
Looks real nice. i got some suggestions though... nothing big, just some things i think would make the map cooler.

1. The map is supposed to take place in a volcanic area right? so then you should go all out to make it seem like one. for example, the lighting on the castle part makes it look like normal white lights. instead use red and yellow lights make it look like its supposed to look.

2. Static meshes use per-poly lighting. this is apparent in the top part of on of the towers in the first screenshot. it would be very easy to just add a BSP cube right above the static mesh just to take advantage of the lightmap system. simply align the textures correctly and move the powerup bases a little higher, and noone will be the wiser.

DeVaToX
29th Jul 2003, 02:11 PM
thaks for replys

@ Raffi intresting pionts iam not sure what u meen about the bsp cube but if it helps optimising the map then it worth doing an do value ur opinion on this

as for the lighting i have used natural light sources all thru the map on inside and out, using an emitter to make fire an smoke etc.. so yellow an orange suits that lighting imo