SA80 question....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The_Pikeman

Also known as Howski
Nov 20, 2001
Caerphilly, Wales
Visit site
As the offical weapons questions thread has gone (it was probably in there) .... why has the SA80 got the bullpup? I mena to only thing I can think of is that it's closer to the balance point and therfore easier to aim
-how.

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
The general theory behind bullpup design is that you get a more compact rifle while you retain the performance of a full sized rifle. Same length barrel (sometimes longer), in a smaller package is seen as useful by some. Still, give me a FAL any day.

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
A bullpup is a good way to get a full length rifle into the space of a carbine.

There's a couple of things I don't like about Bullpups.

First, there's always a chance if a kB! and I don't like having the chamber that close to my head. Also, not good if you're a leftie (or want to aim the gun left handed around a corner).