When will ut have better d3d code!?!?!?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Exercise

Jan 22, 2000
Visit site
Hi I'm wondering when the next patch will be released that will fix the poor d3d coding and make your fps jump up to about 20 more than it was.. I have a p3 550 mhz 128 ram geforce ddr(oc 140/340) and I get pretty stable fps, but sometimes when theres a huge battle fight it drops down to about 30, annoying, I play at 1024x768 32 bit, world detail high, skin detail high usually get around 60 fps but just with those huge battle fights it comes down to about 30

BoBVila ]|[ Arena

Dec 2, 1999
Visit site
Oh no, not 30 fps in a huge fight at a huge res at 32 bit color...please

Ever thought that that is what happens in a huge firefight at 1024x768x32? duh this isn't quake2

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
What IS strange is that I could play the 338 demo in D3D on my ATI Rage Pro, but ever since the demo after that (348) I can't. This includes the retail verson up to 405. I keep getting a message about 4x4 textures or summink.

Ah well, software rendering works fine for now. Wait 'till I get that Voodoo4.... /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

I got the poison, I got the remedy. I got the pulsating rhythmical remedy!

RedShirtSlacker

Jan 16, 2000
Lapeer, MI, USA
members.xoom.com
That's because all ATI cards have this messed up DirectX pixel format (something other than 565 or 555 RGB) and they don't handle square texture properly (this one beats me). The only solution would be to find an option in some kind of Rage "tweaker" that has "square texture support only" options.

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
Y'know, I've got a tweaker that's got an option like that. I'll try it and see if it works.

bullet2.gif

I got the poison, I got the remedy. I got the pulsating rhythmical remedy!