PDA

View Full Version : Looking For People To Join A Mod Team

GiantRob0t
21st Jul 2003, 07:25 PM
I'm looking for people who are good with coding urneal script to join a moding team. The Mod is hide and seek. Yes i know this sounds childish but look how jailbreak turned out? Me and some of the fellow {]TDN[} members have been playing a crude version where we just hide in the map and people try to find you. Its actually very fun but un organized and hard to work with. Im looking for a couple people who know how to code unreal script to join a team to help us make the mod. Also we wouldnt mind a mapper or two on the team to make specific hide and go seek maps. If you would like more details. eg. How it would work, how it will be played ect. The you can Instant Message me on LilDamon402. If you are interested please contact me also by instant message. Thanks
Also if you would like to try the game first i can arange for you to play with us on are server. Contact me for that also *IVE ADDED A LIST OF RULES AND GAMETYPES AND SO FORTH ON MY LATEST POST AT THE BOTTOM!!"

AriTheDog
21st Jul 2003, 07:43 PM
First of all, this is the wrong forum.

Second, you need to specify which Unreal.

Unreal 1, Unreal Tournament, or Unreal Tournament 2003?

GiantRob0t
22nd Jul 2003, 12:47 PM
Sorry bout that It is for unreal tournament sorry bout any confusion

ilkman
22nd Jul 2003, 12:57 PM
I guess you can post this here, considering its off topic. But only crazy people hang out here. Methinks people would expect this sort of thing more in the Mod Recruitment forum so you might get a better response there. :)

DeeperShade
22nd Jul 2003, 01:04 PM
A new UT mod? Curious... i thought UT was dead :x

SugarBear
22nd Jul 2003, 01:11 PM
also, you're going to want to post what you have, some screen shots, some credentials, who you have on the team, what you have done so far.

the people here that can code are most likely working on something of their own and it takes something worthwhile to get them to stop what they have and join another team.

Gundato
22nd Jul 2003, 01:17 PM
lol. me and Eightball Maniac actually play a gametype just like that with Unreal (darkmatch)

gets very fun when you have good rules. from what we have tested, give the attacker stuff like the assault rifle and ASMD (d-pistol too if you want) and the defender gets the flak or something. ends up being really fun.

if you need a beta tester, send me an e-mail

w00p
22nd Jul 2003, 02:25 PM
me too.
I'm actually very interested in this...
Though I have no real skills to offer. :(
Have you ever played thieveryUT?
its quite similar...
crawling around levels running on rooftops and stuff, stealing stuff from open windows and trying to avoid getting seen-caught by AI guards that wander around.
AND UT IS NOT DEAD!!! :mad:
I know dozens of people that have both UT and 2k3 and prefer UT's gameplay...

edit: could you please arrange me to play with you guys?
and could you explain it a little more?
what guns are involved?
what rules?

TWD
22nd Jul 2003, 02:28 PM
OMFG I play hide and go seek in UT ALL THE TIME!!! Unfortunatly i'm only beginning to code and I'm not the best mapper :\

w00p
22nd Jul 2003, 02:32 PM
This doesn't seem that hard to do, give it a go... :)
a nice first project. ;)

IntRed
22nd Jul 2003, 02:34 PM
UT is far from dead, it will be after we've released the last ut version of TTR but not yet :p

Gundato
22nd Jul 2003, 02:34 PM
TUT is not really like hide and seek since when i used to play at least, the thieves went offensive more often than stealthy.

/me remembers having only 1 heart left and fighting to keep the door to the ruby in the study closed on Korman.

'twas hilarious because i was the only one in there. My "teammates" were wandering around and using up the AI. and i could not type a message (and i don't think they had area tags at the time, not sure though since it has been a while. this was the first public version) because if i even stopped clicking the door then the 3 thieves would get in. :p

so there is little Gundy armed only with a sword and out of his precious firebolts constantly trying to keep the door closed as arrows fly past whenever the door opens a bit (fortunately i was off to the side)

eventually one of my teammates (i forget who but i used to play on his server a lot) walks in because he knows i always guard the house gem and sees all 3 thieves trying to get in. :p

still not sure what happened, but i just heard a loud explosion and then a lot of slashing. :p

w00p
22nd Jul 2003, 03:00 PM
c'mon, hook me up to play with you!!! :p

SugarBear
22nd Jul 2003, 03:05 PM
read his first post predator

w00p
22nd Jul 2003, 03:12 PM
I must've overread the "contact me for that also" in my excitement. :p

GiantRob0t
22nd Jul 2003, 10:30 PM
Lol predator email me and ill send you a date and time that you can play with use. And yes, UT is far from dead lol

DeeperShade
22nd Jul 2003, 10:31 PM
With Ut2k3 and U2 out, i can't really see how it can be 'alive' as it were but still...

zynthetic
23rd Jul 2003, 01:23 AM
With Ut2k3 and U2 out, i can't really see how it can be 'alive' as it were but still...
I think you answered your own question
;)

GiantRob0t
23rd Jul 2003, 06:20 PM
lol!! Yeah most people who play UT think UT2k3 is crap. And please dont reply saying I DONT!! Isaid most lol UT is still alive and kicking

alien8
23rd Jul 2003, 11:00 PM
Moved!

Daedalus
24th Jul 2003, 01:08 AM
Robot: Would it be like thief without weapons?

that would be damn cool imo

I could possibly make some maps for it, not sure, I havent mapped for ut1 in a while (well, except for Deck16Ruins)

Doc_EDo
24th Jul 2003, 08:11 AM
How can someone what to code for it when you dont say how the game will work? :hmm:

GiantRob0t
24th Jul 2003, 05:53 PM
Because i explanied the basic of it and if it catches there eye i will explain the rest

Sir_Brizz
24th Jul 2003, 06:03 PM
LOL... I might take this on as a side project after I'mdone with my current one...but I think you would want something a little faster than that. I would prefer to have a synopsis of the rules, et al. before I thought about it too hard though.

GiantRob0t
25th Jul 2003, 02:30 PM
Ok well since so many people have asked for them adn not e-mailed/IM'ed me ill just post the rules of what we have so far

Two teams, everyone except the it person is on the blue team. Who ever is it is on the red team. The red team member starts off in an inclosed room while all the other go and hide somewhere placing themselfs in the map. When they are ready they will press a key that they have binded to ready. Once everyone presses there key OR a certain time limit runs out, the it person is put from the room into the game. The it person is equiped with weapons and ammo. While the people hiding only have a translocator. There could be to types of game

1. First come first serve. Whoever the it person kills first then becomes it and the round restarts itself. This could go on for a while intill a set number of rounds are completed but it is quite fun. You are not aloud to run in the game mode. So once you press your ready key your translocator will be deactivated..

2. Hide And Go Frag. In this game mode if your it your it for the hole round. The it person has weapons and the hiders dont again. If you find someone you frag them and a frag is added to your score. You find and frag as many people as you can before the round is over. When your round is over your put on the hideing team. And the next person is up. You do this intill everyones had a turn. And the winner is who ever found the most people. Deactivating the translocator in this game type could be optional.

We will remove all pickups from the map so the hiders cant have weapons.

We have a version of both these games active at sometimes but its not coded we just make everyoen cooperate lol If you would like to try please contact me at the contacts i listed in my original post. =) thank you