UT sound/music isn't working correctly

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SinShiva

Adrian
Apr 1, 2002
my sound in UT is messed up. it works with everything else inclyding ut2003. if there is a sound patch, cuz i desperately need it :/, please direct me, i have been searching.

SaMbO

Troopers Dev Team
..it's a bit of a tough question to answer without more info:

- what do you mean by 'messed up'? No music? Distorted music?

Have you got EAX (Creative patch) on? Turn it off.
Have you tried turning down your visual detail settings? (Yes - even tho you can run UT2k3 fine)
Do all the other ingame sfx playback fine?

SinShiva

Adrian
Apr 1, 2002
usually what happens is in the game starts out working normally then after a minute or so, it becomes distorted til finally there is no sound at all. it use to work perfectly when i first installed UT. but a copy of UT that i havent used since i installed it is making the same sound problems. maybe it is something with my sound drivers etc? but no because EVERYTHING works ok including UT2003 (which i hardly play, because i wont get my new video card til christmas 2003) I was wondering if there was a UT sound patch. im not using creative hardware i dont think. i'll fool around with the options whebn i get home froms chool today.

Last edited: