Map Vote 3.03 not working! Help Please!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

andrewk

Jul 19, 2003
Hi. I have been working on trying to setup this stupid thing forever. I just cant get it to work at all. I have went through every doc, forum post and have been unable to find anything to work. I have tried all your suggestions I have seen other people try and nothing seems to work.

I see no keybinder when joining the game or at the end. However I saw it say you have 70 secs to vote at the end. This is really really confusing me. My ini is one that was generated off the website of http://www.planetunreal.com/AdminPage

I have tried to make new configs on both my server and client ... just about everything I can think of...

I used to use this program long ago and loved it. Now I run a game hosting company and want to get this to work.

PLEASE HELP!

I run it in Redhat 7.3 and the game seems to work fine... I just cant get BDB to work at all.

I have enclosed both my config file and my log. Please help me I really wanna get this to work...

Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• ctf1-cfg.txt
    21.4 KB · Views: 31
  • ctf1-log.txt
    4.1 KB · Views: 31

BDB

May 9, 2000
NC, USA
www.planetunreal.com
From the log file - "gethostbyname failed (TRY_AGAIN)"
It appears that you have a network problem. The
server is ether misconfigured or there is not route
to the DNS server.

BTW, make sure you change your admin password because you just posted for everyone to see.

I know nothing about Linux so I cant help you with that problem.

andrewk

Jul 19, 2003
The gethostnameby was a easy fix all I had to do was put my ip on the host= line in the config...

As far as my admin password I dont care about that... all I care about is getting this to work.

I am gonna be trying older versions of bdb I guess then... I WILL get this to work one way or another :)

Even if I have to have someone else help me :p

andrewk

Jul 19, 2003
LOL. I meant someone actually install it... But I did get it to work last night ... for some reason it likes to keep the original config it was started up with in /home/username/.loki

So I just deleted that .loki folder and started it and it worked fine :)

But thanks for that command :)

I will need that when writing shell scripts...

It looks and works nicely... keep up the good work.