PDA

View Full Version : Custom Map Pack #3 released!

Sexmachine
19th Jul 2003, 07:50 AM
As posted in the news, the CMP#3 has been released a few seconds ago. I like to thank all mappers and testers involved and I'm looking forward to have some fun playing these maps at our server (can't wait 'till SundayLockdown). :)

Mychaeel
19th Jul 2003, 08:33 AM
Nice. :)

But why doesn't the BeyondUnreal "Hosted Site Updates" bar say anything about this?

Sexmachine
19th Jul 2003, 08:53 AM
One step after the other ... had to set up the server first :D

CoolDude
19th Jul 2003, 09:04 AM
:clap::clap::clap: Oh Yeah :clap::clap::clap:
A very big thanks to all mappers and everyone else who made this possible.

Unfortunately I won't be here for the Sunday lockdown (in fact it's holiday time, so I won't be here for the next two weeks).
Anybody wanna join me for a Saturday evening lockdown (which means tonight)???
See who can spot me in Trainyard ...

And Sex, is it possible to change the MapVote, just for this weekend, so that we can choose the new maps over and over and over and over again?
:cool:

Sexmachine
19th Jul 2003, 09:10 AM
these maps are in 'heavy rotation' at the moment that means: MapVote is disabled at the moment and the server rotates these 12 maps over and over again. :D

dalton
19th Jul 2003, 09:27 AM
Downloading now :)

Boost
19th Jul 2003, 09:28 AM
:clap::clap::clap: Oh Yeah :clap::clap::clap:
A very big thanks to all mappers and everyone else who made this possible.

Cooldude already said it but thanks for all the nice maps. I will be there tonight and looking forward to it already.
:minigun: :flak:

Angie
19th Jul 2003, 10:38 AM
:clap: Yes, thanx to all the mappers! Great job! :clap:

RevBillyG
19th Jul 2003, 11:07 AM
Time to update your forum sig Sex? ;)

Wormbo
19th Jul 2003, 01:50 PM
I just joined Sexmachine's server and JB-DarkAges was running.
The the map switched to JB-Jupiter and I got this crash illustrated by the attached error message and log file.

Sounds like a garbage collecting problem to me.

Trueblood
19th Jul 2003, 04:12 PM
Im downloading now....I got 12 maps to master in afew hours!!! :eek: too bad i have work most of Sunday, but i`ll play them tonight. I like the look of Phobos][ (by Spoondog) but i`ll soon see :)
Good work you guys BUT ! dont over play them, we dont want forget all the good oldies now do we? :-)

Mychaeel
19th Jul 2003, 04:20 PM
Oh, never worry. I'm sure JB-Complex will be overplayed again in no time. :)

(This forum is in a pitiful lack of a "sarcasm" smiley.)

TK v3
19th Jul 2003, 04:44 PM
I'd post something insightful but it would make me sound like a whiny b******. Free cookie to guess what it is!

Anyways, nice maps.

/me cries.

Katana
19th Jul 2003, 06:09 PM
I thought all the maps were upto scratch, very good job guys. JB-Morbias was a bit hectic though.

JB-Trainyard is piccy map, just open it in unreal ed if you want to know who is who. Nice to know that women play JB :)

Guess all I just have to wait for now is till the end of phase 2 for JB2003 :D

Sexmachine
19th Jul 2003, 07:36 PM
Woohoo - could be that I am slightly biased, but these maps kick ass! Had lots of fun playing them tonight - can't wait for the SundayLockdown. :)

I have revived BDBMapVote on the server but disabled the 'block voted maps' feature ... so you can decide if you like to play the new maps over and over again or play some of the 'classics' too. See ya!

KrazyK
19th Jul 2003, 09:09 PM
Very nice maps indeed! :D :cool: :wavey:

Mulch_D
20th Jul 2003, 01:12 AM
Downloading now, should wake up in time for this week's lockdown ;)

Mychaeel
20th Jul 2003, 05:36 AM
Sexmachine, do you plan to upload the maps to NaliCity as well? (I also noticed that those from the Gold map pack aren't available there---is that on purpose?)

Sexmachine
20th Jul 2003, 06:22 AM
Roger that, I am going to upload the CMP3 and the GOLD maps in the next few days. :)

dalton
20th Jul 2003, 06:25 AM
Well didn't have time to play them all yet, but from what i saw, great pack guys :), thx.

Sexmachine
20th Jul 2003, 06:45 AM
Just a few sites who picked up the news :

www.beyondunreal.com
www.unreality.dk
www.moddb.com
www.unrealism.com
www.unrealops.com
www.unrealed.info
www.utstats.com

Yeehaw! :D

DEADtom
20th Jul 2003, 01:20 PM
I'd post something insightful but it would make me sound like a whiny b******. Free cookie to guess what it is!

Anyways, nice maps.

/me cries.

Better luck next time Tony. :lol:

/me laughs histerically.

It's about time i posted on the forums!

Till next time

HOT CARRRRRRRLLLLLL!!!!!

Angie
20th Jul 2003, 04:28 PM
Sunday lockdown tonight was fun, fun, fun and more fun!
Maps are fantastic, the new ones and the good old ones as well.
Great to see 16 people playing on the server! :D

Sexmachine
20th Jul 2003, 05:04 PM
Yeah - server was packed, the games were great and guess who's been our guest too - *hint* are you really the ... (insert name here) *hint* ;)

Trueblood
20th Jul 2003, 05:11 PM
Yeah - server was packed, the games were great and guess who's been our guest too - *hint* are you really the ... (insert name here) *hint* ;)

Yes...i think thats my ARM there :lol: IT WAS ME ! mmwwhahaha
I didnt experiance lag later on....it must have been the storm around Sexmachine :-) BTW can you put the map vote to how it was on or by Wednesday? I played the same maps over and over, but hey! im always on its always the same maps ;)

Sexmachine
20th Jul 2003, 06:31 PM
Yes...i think thats my there IT WAS ME ! mmwwhahaha errr ... what ?

TheSpoonDog
20th Jul 2003, 08:20 PM
Goddamnit! Missed the lockdown again! :mad: Am dying to play some JB with a few people again!

Daikiki
21st Jul 2003, 12:34 AM
That was fun! It's been a long time since I even started up UT, let alone played an actual game. Some of the maps I got to play were amazing. Maybe next time I'll practice instead of simply logging on and then trying to work out which button does what.

Oh, and Sexmachine; thanks for the Lost Fallsage.

Dai

[To think I used to hate Face. . .]

Sexmachine
21st Jul 2003, 03:29 AM
Am dying to play some JB with a few people again! That's pretty easy atm, as the server is more or less crowded each and every day (from 10pm to 1am GMT) these days - so see ya ;)
Can you put map vote to how it was on or by Wednesday? ... I like to keep it that way 'till Wednesday.
Sexmachine; thanks for the Lost Fallsage. ...no, Dai - thank you for stopping by!

Sexmachine
21st Jul 2003, 07:51 AM
Sexmachine, do you plan to upload the maps to NaliCity as well? (I also noticed that those from the Gold map pack aren't available there I have upped the 12 CMP#3 plus the 9 GOLD maps to Nailcity ... it may take a few days for them to show. :)

Sexmachine
23rd Jul 2003, 11:50 AM
I like to tell you that MapVote (on our server) is 'back to normal' again - see you at the Parole :)

Trueblood
23rd Jul 2003, 11:59 AM
I like to tell you that MapVote (on our server) is 'back to normal' again - see you at the Parole :)

Hey Sexmachine, since we gave Jb-IT a little tester and found it didnt crash, is it gona stay? and could JB-Rainmaker be redeemed? it was one of my faves :D
Oh and BTW has Game Voice become uncool or boring? i admit i havnt used it for along time. Is anyone out there still wanting to use the mic to talk to us?

Angie
23rd Jul 2003, 12:39 PM
Oh and BTW has Game Voice become uncool or boring? i admit i havnt used it for along time. Is anyone out there still wanting to use the mic to talk to us?

Maybe we can use it this evening on the wednesday parole!
Cu and hear u there ! :wavey:

dalton
23rd Jul 2003, 01:24 PM

Did you change anything else? just now ppl voted for JB-Ancient-Titan(Big Bro's Nest) or something. Is this a new map ? are there more used now. If so could you point them out, for download.

Sexmachine
23rd Jul 2003, 01:44 PM
Arf - stupid me - yeah I have revived a couple of maps (IT,Rainmaker,AT-III) - go to the SundayLockdownPage (http://www.planetjailbreak.com/community/lockdown.html) for details and downloads.

I am desperately searching a place to host the redirect files (150~200MB) to avoid problems like this - Dalton maybe ? :D

dalton
23rd Jul 2003, 02:06 PM
Arf - stupid me - yeah I have revived a couple of maps (IT,Rainmaker,AT-III) - go to the SundayLockdownPage (http://www.planetjailbreak.com/community/lockdown.html) for details and downloads.

I am desperately searching a place to host the redirect files (150~200MB) to avoid problems like this - Dalton maybe ? :D

np i'll look them up, hmm me hosting 150~200 MB well i guess i can't :( , I don't have such a big bandwidth account with my provider. But i could pimp tha news @ utstats.com, that your looking for some space ? Just say the word.

Sexmachine
23rd Jul 2003, 04:42 PM
I don't have such a big bandwidth account It's not a prob of bandwith (as most people do have the maps already and thus don't need to download them ingame) but of available webspace.

dalton
23rd Jul 2003, 04:44 PM
It's not a prob of bandwith (as most people do have the maps already and thus don't need to download them ingame) but of available webspace.

arghhh that too, sry :(

Sexmachine
28th Jul 2003, 03:42 AM
Sexmachine, do you plan to upload the maps to NaliCity as well? Nalicity is updated (and MassChAos (masschaos@beyondunreal.com) was kind enough to clean up the list and remove some outdated maps too) so NC has the most complete collection of JB3 maps (http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/search.php?search=true&search_gametype=24) available (99 maps in total, including the GOLD maps). Now is the time for all you JB regulars to go there and add a personal score and some comments to the maps you like/dislike. Go ahead, as the mappers do like to get some feedback too ;)

Mychaeel
28th Jul 2003, 03:52 AM
Incredible.

The 100th Jailbreak III map should be worth some celebration... :)

In tonights travel advisory, you should beware of the upcoming flood of JailBreak maps for the second time in NC3 history. Yea, you can expect JB maps for the next few days.

Hehe. :D

Rob
1st Aug 2003, 07:15 AM
JB maps related here : The Jailbreak maps! (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=111289)