Which is better UT or Q3A

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

xShadowXHunterX

Jan 21, 2000
Visit site
I own both games and this is my opinio is this:

Quake 3, Yes it has big levels and somewhat cool weapons , but the levels are big and boring, the textures suck most of the time theres hardly theres hardly any variety in the levels , not alot of variety settings or playstyles like Assault or Last Man Standing, Charecters might be cool but the games is just BLAH! Its kinda like playing a game made by a 3 year old its so fake looking and the levels are like your playing doom its just not right LOL.
As for Unreal Tournament :
The levels usually are big enough, the textures are extremly good, charecters are somewhat of a letdown but thats what downloading is for. Thheres 100s of varietys of levels, skins, Mods to download and you can play cool versions of play like DM, CTF , AS , LMS , TDM, DM and Domination. And the possibilties are endless.

Overall Quake 3 has cool charecters but it just doesnt have much variety or realism in its levels and dowloads are all basically the same from skins to maps NO VARIETY. And UT has Variety in everything most variety comes from downloads such as maps, skins, mutators,Mods,Textures... ECT.

Scores are this 1 being bad 10 being good

UT:
Graphics 10
Sound 8
Music 0 (Never have it on)
Fun Factor 10
Controls 8
Overall Score 11 (hehehe)

Quake 3
Graphics 6 (Charecters would get 9 same with Ut too)
Sound 6
Music 0 (Ditto)
Fun Factor 7
Controls 7
Overall score 7 1/2

Please post what you think!!

Owl

Dec 8, 1999
Oakland, CA, USA
Visit site
Neither of them can hold a candle to Blake Stone! That game rules!

Sorry, I'm just sick of hearing the UT v Q3A debate over and over again. Even the well-written and thoughtful reviews all say pretty much the same things.