PDA

View Full Version : Very bizarre UT2k3 issue

Daedalus
16th Jul 2003, 10:56 PM
I discovered this after I tried to play Conquest Marines. Anywho, I booted up Conquest Marines and noticed that my mouse was really laggy and it wasnt getting detected really well, it would skip around the screen a lot. I thought nothing of it and figured it would go away after playing and well...it didnt. Also, the sound was really messed up, it would repeat and slow down a lot and the mouse remained skippy and actually in game it was so horrible everytime I'd move the mouse, it would skip over to some other place it was terrible. So I decided to boot up regular UT2k3 and it did the same thing. Now at about the same time all of this is going on, UEd3 isnt booting up either nothing important, just a little addition there. So I reinstall UT2k3 thinking that will definitely fix it and it doesnt. So I remove the old UT2k3 directory and do a new install and it still does this. I have it uninstalled now but what fixed the sound issue was changing a few options in sound like reverse stereo. Anyone have any idea why it would do this.

DeRailer
16th Jul 2003, 11:00 PM
I got the mouse problem all the time. I dunno why it happens, but to fix it, go to console and type "flush".

Sir_Brizz
17th Jul 2003, 07:04 PM
what kind of mouse? and what software controlling the mouse?

Daedalus
17th Jul 2003, 09:33 PM
actually, I fixed the problem, turns out that UT2k3 doesnt like NTpadXP, the program I use to plug my DDR mat into my computer. So problem fixed :)