PDA

View Full Version : Is this the most complete documentaion?

Staverton
16th Jul 2003, 07:01 PM
Hi guys,
I was just wondering, is this Wiki the most complete documentation for ut2003 available? I am looking to create a very small but fun mod, and have modded other engines, but tbh, I'm a little stunned by all those classes and functions, but very little official docmentation on what they do or how to use them.
Am I missing something, or do you have to licence the engine to get this?
If this really _is_ it, then good work chaps on compiling the info in the Wiki, but I can't help but feel a little dishartened by it, and perhaps the lack of complaint about it.. :) Hence the fact I feel I'm missing something. :D
Thought I'd ask before I re-invent the wheel, thanks for reading this far.. ;0)

Mychaeel
20th Jul 2003, 12:26 PM
UDN (http://udn.epicgames.com) (Unreal Developer Network) is the only source for "official" documentation, and some of it is only available for engine licensees.

I doubt though that even the non-public parts of UDN go into detail about all individual classes. I suppose the closest you'll come to this is indeed the Unreal Wiki; that's why we started it in the first place.

You can look around in other places too for UnrealScript-related documentation and tutorials, of course, and you might find pieces of information that relate better to your particular problems elsewhere---but in sheer amount of information in one place I don't think anything surpasses the Unreal Wiki at the moment.