PDA

View Full Version : WeaponLord Lite! Weapon suggestions?

Parser
16th Jul 2003, 05:38 PM
Ok, WeaponLord Lite.. basically, if you've played WeaponLord for UT1, you'll know how strenuous it is on your machines.
That's why I have decided to take some of the community's favourite weapons and put them together in a small package.

Ok. Suggestions? Fire away. :)

Calculon
16th Jul 2003, 11:51 PM
Ok, WeaponLord Lite.. basically, if you've played WeaponLord for UT1, you'll know how strenuous it is on your machines.
That's why I have decided to take some of the community's favourite weapons and put them together in a small package.

Ok. Suggestions? Fire away. :)

In addition to suggestions about which weapons to include, I have made some suggestions about possible tweaks to the weapons themselves.

Some good weapons (in no particular order): Bouncy Shockgun, M-60, Junk Rifle, Pulverizer, Multicannon, Pipebomb cannon, Doublechain, Corrosive Chaingun, Spreader, Hatchet Nuke, Mega Flak, Laser Gattling, Electrominigun, Manta Claw, Flamer, Railgun, Riker PDW, Colt 18, Steel Spyder, Anti Aircraft rifle, Riot Shotgun, SAS shotgun.

Some comments

Laser Gattling: Nice weapon, but I wish the rate of fire was faster, to match the sound and animation of the model. (Damage could be toned down to compensate).

Electrominigun: Same as for laser gattling.

Manta Claw: The secondary fire is so fast that the primary seems kind of useless. Maybe if the secondary fire didn't bounce? Anyway, the old razerjack model is great.

Flamer: Not a bad flamethrower, but I think the range is too long.

Railgun: The shiny red skin is nice. Basically it's an instagib rifle, since the shot is so powerful (too powerful, I think).

Riker PDW: Nice basic starting pistol. Not too weak, not too powerful.

Colt 18: This would be a nice weapon except that having instant hit redeemer fire on the secondary makes it way overpowered.

Some general comments:

The excessive overkill / spam with hyper-powered weapons and everyone dies constantly style of play can be fun for a while, but I am tired of it myself. That's why I recommend:

1. Reducing the amount of damage caused by most of the weapons.

2. Limiting the ammo of each weapon so that you will actually run out and be forced to switch weapons.

3. Reducing the rate of fire of many weapons, especially weapons that fire large numbers of projectiles or instant kill projectiles.

Here's an idea that probably goes way beyond what is planned for the next mod, but might be worth thinking about: You could have two different versions of each weapon (e.g. a regular flak cannon and the Mega flak). Only the player who has the worst rank will spawn with the more powerful versions.

All right, I have to go now.

{Terminator}
17th Jul 2003, 03:39 AM
well i'm not sure if you've decided on it already parser, but i stand by what i said before: RAILGUN!

terrenblade
20th Jul 2003, 03:49 AM
wait, Why not just give the player the ability to edit the weapons that are used in game? Via the mod menu? use a second mutor for that so peeps can go back to full pain mode when they get tired of limiting the weps they have. Or you could go over kill and have 3 or 4 difrent configs so a player can go with a quick dirty DM with overkill, or something with just a few fav weps or he could go with a snipermach or what ever he feals like atm. ofcorse if the point is to have a smaller filesize, I have noproblem with that :] cough 56K cough

Parser
20th Jul 2003, 07:48 AM
Well, the whole point is so that it's compact, it doesn't have over 100 weapons in it, and so that boils down to a smaller file size. :)

... or alternatively, you could try Kangus's WoRM (http://wod.beyondunreal.com/filedb/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=2) mutator, of which I have always included a plugin for. :)

Assassinalex
4th Sep 2003, 04:22 PM
Put the Skaarj-slave shooting thingy so it just shoots blobs. You have no idea how nasty it is on my spec with a sea of purple firing bolts at you.
Oh yeah, and take away the Queen rifle

Parser
4th Sep 2003, 05:09 PM
Skaarj-slave shooting thingy? Eh? I've lost you. :B

terrenblade
23rd Sep 2003, 05:53 AM
yeah, kill the queen rifle it realy sucks the fun out of a mach on small maps when the bots spam queens.

Parser
23rd Sep 2003, 01:29 PM
Ok, so we've decided that the queen rifle is going.. ;)