Trouble joining passworded servers and other linux amoenities

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

randomas

May 24, 2001
Visit site
After Ben kindly sent me the lines for the server pwds to add to the ini script I discovered that I wasn't able to join pwded servers if their pwds were memorised in the ini.

To make sure I deleted all the ones memorised joined AFA3 succeded disconnected, reconnected and did not get in!

Any ideas or suggestions? any way to tell unreal not to remember pwds?

Also I would like to know where I can download an updated OpenGL driver for linux.

TIA

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
I have no idea what going on now. It did start though when randomas said that for some reason he could not enter the password when going onto the sever.

So I took my current section of the passwords for the infiltration.ini file so he can manually add them.

Actually I can't remember if I told you what file or section. Make sure they are in the right one. If I forgot, sorry.

I am wondering though if he has some passwords in there that are not valid and the best thing to do is clean them out. After backing up of course.

Edit: Holy crap batman, bad spelling. Translated from Benspeak to yadda yadda yadda

Last edited:

randomas

May 24, 2001
Visit site
The passwords are correct, I put them in the infiltration.ini file. What happens is that while I have none stored in the ini file I can login and join without problems. Once I have joined a server once it automatically stores the passwords in the .ini file. Once the passwords are stored I can no longer join the passworded servers. I don't get the password prompt (because they are passed automatically from the ini file) and I get a message saying connecting to yadda yadda yadda and nothing happens ......

At least now I know that if I want to join a private server I have to clean the .ini file before playing, a minor annoyance, but still an annoyance.

As far as i know this only happens to me in Linux and not in windows.

Exorzist

[JgKdo]
Jan 16, 2003
www.jgkdo.de
Deathwalker just had the same problem. After some research we found out, that his player name had a <space> at the end. After deleting this it worked.

I always had this problem with linux. I am not sure why. Lost a lot of time over it and haven't got a fine answer. So that is what I have done. Configure your Infiltration.ini and infiltrationUser.ini and then make then unwriteble by seting -w over them (chmod -w Infiltration* ).
I have to give the password all times I connect to passworded servers, but it always works.

Harper [Jgkdo]

Feb 8, 2004
Since this is a really old thread I don't know if you have found an answer to your question by now ;)

One solution would be to install the UTPG Patch. For me this fixed the issue with the passwords together with some segfaults when changing maps or taking screenshots.