PDA

View Full Version : False Prophet Mod Released

RaptoR
15th Jul 2003, 10:46 AM
Kerlin sent in this interesting piece of news about his False Prophet mod for UT2003. If nothing else, this is certainly the smallest Make Something Unreal contest entry, weighing only 79KB, compared to the 300MB of some other mods.

This new game type packs a punch. At 79k, you can't ignore it. It has elements of capture the flag, mutant, and (of course) team deathmatch.

The first person to cap the other team becomes the prophet. Defend your prophet or die trying because every time they cap your prophet they get a point.

http://www.kerlinsoftworks.com/ut2k3/falseprophet

The Twiggman
15th Jul 2003, 11:06 AM
Sounds intresting, nothing wrong with another gametype. I laughed at the last question in their faqs page. I'll try and see what it's like.

Kerlin
15th Jul 2003, 12:34 PM
Man am I outgunned AND outclassed! :lol:

The Twiggman
15th Jul 2003, 02:36 PM
It aint that bad, just feels like deathmatch with a scoring change. The good thing is it doesn't put any restrictions on fragging like how mutant does. But hobout double damamge to the gods? Something other than a health change that makes them so great.

Kerlin
15th Jul 2003, 02:43 PM
Was the game a bit more intense? Maybe I been working on this for too long but playing at Adept actually gave me a bit of a challenge. Out of practice, maybe. :)

I thought about berserking the prophet...

And a suggestion from FoxPaw sounds really tasty:

"The longer you are the prophet, the more your team score increases."

Ahhh...now it's 1 part CTF, 1 part DM, 1 part Mutant, and 1 part DOM.

Just didn't have the time for round 1. :)

Always open to suggestions, though! Thanks for downloading and thanks for taking time to comment, Twigg.