PDA

View Full Version : Stats Logging--On/Off button?

Iceburgs
14th Jul 2003, 09:05 PM
Hola Peeps,

Does anyone know of a comprehensive site or FAQ as far as enabling/disenabling UT2003 stats on a server? As usual, Epic leaves much to be desired when it comes to user-friendly customization. Why on Earth you can't click a button for stats on/off from the webadmin is beyond me. And to make matters worse, if you click on the "bots" link, you get this error message: "You cannot add bots while World Stats Logging is enabled." Way to go Epic. Keep the end user running in circles. Now don't get me started on scoring values.... :p

Anyway, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sir_Brizz
14th Jul 2003, 10:05 PM
I'm guessing you are talking dedicated server from the command line??? If not there is a check box in the server settings tab. :)

Assymilator
15th Jul 2003, 01:57 AM
There's your button.

Iceburgs
15th Jul 2003, 05:15 PM
Hmm, that picture shows some buttons that I don't have available to me in my webadmin settings. Perhaps I don't have the proper user level. In any case, thanks for the info. I have messeged the other admins from my clan and hopefully we will be able to figure this out. Incidentally, did you have to manually configure your server's .ini to show those options? See, I am no dummy when it comes to computers, but I still believe that some things, like easy customizability, should be available to the end user. I shouldn't have to go into my .ini to enable a quasi-hidden feature--hidden because some users are just too plain dumb and would f- things up using it. It reminds me of my video card: I had to find some post to instruct me how to go into my registry and enter a new value in order to enable the clock speed utility. What a crock! OK, gotta go. Thanks again! :)

TAZTG
15th Jul 2003, 06:38 PM
ICE, I have tried this and it doesn't work. Here's what I posted over at BFGN. Thanks Assymilator but it doesn't seem to work with the new Stats.

I for one am very HAPPY that the Stats are back and working.
Problem: We would like to disable Stats for Team Practices.
Seems the WebAdmin World Stats Logging Check box doesn't work. When we uncheck it the stats still get posted.
I have a theory of why but is there a way to disable and enable the STATS???

Theory; The old Stats used a different Script and was designed into the current version of WebAdmin. We need to update WebAdmin to be able to use the check box... Sounds good but we might also just need to edit a line or two in the ini file. Does anyone here know the real answer and solution??