Arkon Weapons BETA v02 is out

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Donator

Jun 26, 2003
Vienna
Visit site
just in time for MSU, even if it hardly stands a chance against the neverending wave of RL mod mayhem. Well, there's hope, maybe if they accept it in the mutator category... ;)

http://unrealed.planet-multiplayer.de/index.php?P=info&D=817

this is actually the first site to put up the file. The more high-traffic ones seem to be completely absorbed in dealing with the onslaught of total conversions being thrown at them at the moment :p

I'm going to add more links later, since it's a german site and I don't know how well it works for non-Europeans in terms of download speed.

Check ReadMe for installation instructions, since several old files (if you downloaded Beta1) are now obsolete and can be deleted.

Changes since Beta1:
- included new Desintegrator- and Thermo Grenade
- included new Mass Driver (RailGun)
- included Arkon Weapons Replacer. Still recommend WoRM though, because of performance issues
- included Arkon Shields Mutator (configurable, self-regenerating shields with a new, blue sphere like visual effect)
- utx and usx files combined in first attempt to reduce number of files used
- CMortar now fires EMP grenades, less damage but instantly nullifies all shields
- CMortar Alt-fire camera added
- ThermoBlaster fire tightened and damage reduced
- bSmallWeapons bug solved. ThermoBlasters now always visible
- CMortar charged fire instant-explosion bug solved
- CMortar 'ComboWhore' message bug solved
- PlasmaGun chargebar now working properly
- PlasmaGun charged fire tweaked, maxCharge reduced to 25, but twice as fast chargeup
- new grenade feature -> grenade held in hand explodes upon death. Very funny for snipers.

Feedback welcome, as always, especially concerning online behaviour.
(btw. if anybody finds out why the heck my mutator cuts between 5 and 8 FPS average and WoRM does not, I'm curious to hear it)

enjoy
Don

New Mod Logo

Attachments

• ArkonLogo.jpg
    ArkonLogo.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 187
Last edited by a moderator:

Donator

Jun 26, 2003
Vienna
Visit site
Not to forget, special thanks go to Smoke39 and EvilDrWong for their insightful explanations. There would have been no shield effects, EMP grenade and Flak camera without their help.

vulture987

Dec 18, 2002
everywhere (omnipresent)
Visit site
wow, this almost deserves a new gametype or somthing like monkey matrix to show it off. this stuff is really cool, cant wait to combine it with smoke's new stuff.

who's the chick in the screenie?

Last edited:

Donator

Jun 26, 2003
Vienna
Visit site
Thanks for fixing Kangus. Here's another link, it's now also up on Unreal2003Files

http://www.ut2003files.com/file.info?ID=16329#Download

@vulture: the 'chicK' is an Ascari Da Vivo skin I created for my own enjoyment. She's an Arkonid (hence the name of the mod :p), a white haired, red eyed superior humanoid race from the Perry Rhodan series (a German future series that started in the 60's and miraculously's still alive), and come to speak of it most weapons ar at least mildly inspired by descriptions found there.

Since she's Arkon's lead strategist I upped her tactics feature to +4, so she can help me out cappin' flags every now and then :D

Attachments

• ExoAndAscari1.jpg
    ExoAndAscari1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 43

Donator

Jun 26, 2003
Vienna
Visit site
so, any opinions? Bug reports? Things that need improvement? Did you like the new grenades, shields and railgun? Three guns only have zoom as secondary, alternatives? I still need a powerful close combat weapon to somewhat round off the set. Any ideas?

Donator

Jun 26, 2003
Vienna
Visit site
SamMaster said:
May I ask how you made it bsmallweapons compatible?

Most weapons in my mod use standard models from the game. The new ones (Thermoblasters and grenades) are just staticmeshes, and the only thing I had to do was to set PlayerViewOffset and SmallWeaponsOffset to the same values. This won't affect the actual size of the model at all, but prevents a weird "disappearing bug" I had before. Come to speak of it, I COULD add a DrawScale3D change if bSmallWeapons=True for the next Beta, but honestly I doubt it's worth the effort.

MadNad

Nov 5, 2002
madnad.com
Donator said:
not at all

weapon.DrawScale3D.default=(x=...,y=...,z=...)

inside of weapon you can setDrawscale(newDrawscale);

smallWeaponoffset is used to reposition the weapons so they appear smaller, but really you are just moving them.

for example in RocketLauncher:
PlayerViewOffset=(Y=8.000000)
SmallViewOffset=(X=12,Y=14,Z=-6)

and don't forget these for centered view
CenteredOffsetY=-5.0
CenteredYaw=-500

Im sure you know, but x moves in and out, y moves left and right, and z moves up and down.