PDA

View Full Version : So what "HUGE THINGS" did epic unveil in their radio thing on saturday?

Raffi_B
13th Jul 2003, 03:22 PM
well they hyped it up so much i assumed it was going to be good. but i missed it and now im wondering what the 2 huge surprises were. if anyone here knows, it would be appreciated if you could give me some info or a link to the mp3 or something.

Radiosity
13th Jul 2003, 07:50 PM
What Radio thing?

WebSlinger
13th Jul 2003, 08:08 PM
was this the post-game locker room show? If so, I assure you, nothing huge was revealed... not that I was looking... erm... or... so... yeah

DaBeatard
13th Jul 2003, 08:36 PM
Cliffy B. and Mark Rein did an interview on Saturday night. From what I have read over at INA, you missed very little. UT2K4 will not be sold as both upgrade and stand alone. Only as a stand alone product. You'll be able to do vehicle combos. And when you run someone over it says "Road Kill".
Oh, and 3dbuzz is doing they're site over. I think you can dl the interview there.

Raffi_B
14th Jul 2003, 09:05 AM
thx beat... im starting to trust mark rein less and less... "these things are going to be huge!!!" i thought he was going to say something really worthwhile like they made a huge advance with the engine or something cool... :hmm: oh well ut2k4 will still roxx0rz my soxx0rz

Renegade Retard
14th Jul 2003, 10:15 AM
was this the post-game locker room show? If so, I assure you, nothing huge was revealed... not that I was looking... erm... or... so... yeah

:lol:

Remind me sometime to tell you about a RL locker room story. Not appropriate for Ut2k3 forums though. o_0.

(do NOT read anything into that! :p )

NVShacker
14th Jul 2003, 02:32 PM
Why? Why? Why do the people who get UT2004 get UT2003 free? Thats PUNISHING those who get UT2003.

Cockbites.

Radiosity
14th Jul 2003, 02:40 PM
To make more money. They're a company. They need to make money to survive. It's that simple. Not particularly nice, but simple :)

WebSlinger
14th Jul 2003, 02:41 PM
So, they said it won't be released as an upgrade... I think we knew that from the begining, but did they say anything about a rebate for current ut2k3 customers?

BlAcK_PlAgUe22
14th Jul 2003, 03:11 PM
IIRC CliffyB said there will indeed be a rebate for UT2003 buyers.

Pillsbury Flow Boy
14th Jul 2003, 08:51 PM
\o/

Yay, I be happy then!

now to wait another 2 weeks...

Nemephosis
14th Jul 2003, 09:22 PM
IIRC CliffyB said there will indeed be a rebate for UT2003 buyers.
While I'm still not completely satisfied with this, I will indeed admit that most, if not every, other company would never do something like that.

Now, I just wonder how we're going to get this rebate. Stores around here have apparently never heard of such things. If I can mail UT2K3 to Epic and get 2K4, I'll do that.

edit: I don't have the original box, but I do have all three CD's and the manual with the key on it.

Scuzzbuster
16th Jul 2003, 07:39 PM
To make more money. They're a company. They need to make money to survive. It's that simple. Not particularly nice, but simple :)

How dare they make money...That's not nice at all! Let the bastards work for free! Don't they know once you release a product, your next product is supposed to be free?

Beelzebud (Satanas)
17th Jul 2003, 01:14 AM
I hope they have a solid plan for dispensing the rebates. I don't have my UT2k3 receipt anymore. That was like a year ago...

Metakill
17th Jul 2003, 10:33 AM
How is this any different than releasing Unreal Gold so that people who bought RTNP got Unreal for free?

Oh yeah, RTNP came out first as a seperate mission pack, right...