PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Download Any Of The New Mods?

The Twiggman
11th Jul 2003, 09:49 PM
If you haven't noticed the Buf news has been littered with mod beta releases.

For UT2003 some include...

- Troopers - UT2003 Mod (http://www.troopers.jolt.co.uk/)
- Game Control - UT2003 Tools (http://www.slagslair.com/slagslair/gamecontrol.asp)
- Fatalarts - UT2003 Mod (http://fatalarts.unrealism.com/)
- Conquest Marines - UT2003 Mod (http://www.conquestmarines.com/index.html)

Anyone download any of them. Are they any good? I was thinking about downloading Conquest Marines.

[UM]theswarm
11th Jul 2003, 10:02 PM
Hmm... someone goshenize this guy over to the UT2003 forum.

FireSlash
11th Jul 2003, 10:11 PM
Is Phase 1 already this close? :o

Rocket_Magnet
11th Jul 2003, 10:30 PM
fight for freedom needs to be added to the list

jasdave
11th Jul 2003, 11:05 PM
so does jungle warfare http://www.planetunreal.com/junglewarfare/

hal
12th Jul 2003, 12:47 AM
We have a UT2003 forum ya know. :p

The Dopefish
12th Jul 2003, 12:48 AM
Let me know when Rocket Arena 2003 is out.

Twisted Metal
12th Jul 2003, 01:09 AM
Let me know when UT2k3 doesn't suck.

DeRailer
12th Jul 2003, 01:11 AM
Let me know when twisted metal likes ut2k3...... wait a sec, I don't care. :p

I'm going to get godz when it's released on the 14th. Not interested in the other yarms.

The Twiggman
12th Jul 2003, 01:18 AM
Ya I wasn't sure if I should put it in there, I was thinking maybe it would just be another way off topic thread after a few posts. But ya, I don't really keep up on the mods. So I had to do some research on the ones I listed. The others that were mentioned I had no clue where 2K3 mods. But ya it feels good to have the community contributing again. I always like the mods that took time to get done when I was playing the original UT. Fragball and Jailbreak were mint. But Jailbreak is making a return eh, ahh thats so good.

BobCobb
12th Jul 2003, 01:24 AM
Someone post the good ones here. I don't wanna waste bandwidth on bad mods on 56k. Or links to reviews would be appreciated.

Metakill
12th Jul 2003, 02:12 AM
I just downloaded Fatal Arts, Conquest Marines, and Jungle Warfare. Troopers is not ready yet. I'll let you know soon as I get a chance to play them...

Sparky
12th Jul 2003, 02:14 AM
Personally I'm awaiting Face Off which comes out tomorrow. w00p!

BlAcK_PlAgUe22
12th Jul 2003, 03:25 AM
Troopers has been cancelled.

Is it just me, or have all these mods been released right around now for the Epic contest?

hal
12th Jul 2003, 07:37 AM
Is it just me, or have all these mods been released right around now for the Epic contest?

Oh, without a doubt! Can't say that I blame them really. ;)

Twiggman, I'm looking forward to Jailbreak 2003 too. Should be sweet.

slipo666
12th Jul 2003, 08:38 AM
Hey...twiggy,
Huh, i would never think i would run into ya here.
I reackon the new Atlantis mod will be awesome! It will show elements of Delta force, BattleField 1942 and other FPS like Viet Cong and oooh...i forgot but anyway, I'm excited about this whole thing. Maybe one day, i'll try and get a group of mates to make a mod of some sort and try something no one else have tried!

A_Rimmerlister
12th Jul 2003, 09:01 AM
Troopers has been cancelled.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing ..." - Darth Vader

No it hasn't ... they've just kicked BadKarma out as projectleader which is kind of strange as I'd thought he'd left already (;) that's what you get for tempting fate by naming a mod 'rise of the rebellion' ;)) and renamed the mod.

No need to dwell on this mods' internal feuding though.
Altough one does wonder what effect this will have in the end ...
// -----
Conquest Marines : buggy, just 2 maps, but IMHO a ton of fun to play

Jungle Warfare : nice idea, altough I don't like the default 5-minute 2 life rounds. Too many maps for pure TDM, too few maps for 'sabotage' (which is like Overload with multiple objectives)

Fatal Arts : control is a bit unusual, but as an idea it could become a nice mod. You should play this one in DM-AChina or any other realistic map with a lot of open space.

Did I mention I had released my botmanager (http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=299852) ? It really makes installing those new models easy (like the updated Neofin, Angel Interceptor and the Exoslave (http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~polycount/ubb/Forum2/HTML/007172.html?00060))

Exoslave & Neofin could definitely get 1st & 2nd place in their category ...

Rev.Whoopass
12th Jul 2003, 11:18 AM
waiting for Rocket Arena

CitizenZer0
12th Jul 2003, 01:25 PM
Faceoff!! Everyone should atleast give this one a try. Some of the best gun physics I've played in anymod yet. The models and skins are somewhere near fantastic, as well. The maps are a tad lacking, as they're pretty much just TDM maps. Takaban does have gokarts though. :)

A damn fine mod for an alpha made by one person.

NeoNight
12th Jul 2003, 01:39 PM
I've dled all of the above mentioend, game control is a great tool. Fatal arts needs some work (alot of work lol ) but shows promise. CM is good but also needs some work (would probably be better in ut2k4) I am getting face off right now and I dled jungel warfare don't like it to much) Also am about to dl troopers (assuming I can dl it)

A_Rimmerlister
12th Jul 2003, 01:53 PM
Face off is amazing !
The details in the 1st person view of the guns is pretty damned high.
You'll even see the firemode-switch turn to the appropiate setting on those mp-5 look-a-likes.

The maps themselves have fun tricks as well :
- shooting barrels makes them leak for a bit. Altough they leak each time it is a pretty cool idea

- there are exploding barrels just as in Max Payne (first you get a blue flame and then the thing flies up in the air and explodes)

The effect for the teargas grenades is pretty neat as well, altough it's a shame you can't get anymore grenades after you've spent the 3 in your grenadepack (that is if you've chosen that item).

Bots are pretty good as well.

NeoNight
12th Jul 2003, 02:32 PM
yeah it has to be one of the better releases (it was made by 1 person?? lies! lol ) HOw do I get my character to run faster cause my character moves like hes crawling lol edit: opps :o i had to increase the game speed hehe

-AEnubis-
12th Jul 2003, 02:51 PM
Let me know when Rocket Arena 2003 is out.

waiting for Rocket Arena

Ditto.

Others I'm waiting for though are Unreal Fortress 2k3, and JailBreak 2k3. Other then that most other mods look too realism based for me, and that melee one sounds like it could be cool, but if it needs work, I prolly want no part of it now.

hal
12th Jul 2003, 03:17 PM
Just tried out Faceoff and it's well polished for the short amount of time I spent with it. The artistic assets are strong and the GUI is totally functional.

Since the mod leans towards realism though, it is hard for me to get used to the slooooow speed. I'm also a CTF player primarily and one of the two included CTF maps will be unplayable by most online (high system requirements).

This is certainly no hack job though, and it's incredibly hard to believe it was all done by just HEGI.

nice job. :tup:

NozzeM
12th Jul 2003, 03:45 PM
The standard game speed for FACE // OFF is set at 50%, adjust it in game rules when you create a game.

thewalkingman
12th Jul 2003, 04:38 PM
So am I wasting my bandwidth downloading Jungle warfare?

[IsP]KaRnAgE
12th Jul 2003, 05:07 PM
Jungle Warfare still needs alot of work IMO. Especially in the character models.
Face Off seems to be on the right track and I look forward to future releases. I'm going to be reinstalling UT2k3 to a new partition on my HD, until then I only have room for about one more mod (Troopers). :)

WebSlinger
12th Jul 2003, 05:21 PM
My boss made Game Control, he's VERY cool, and if you have any comments about it, please feel free to email him (link on his website). You can even tell him I sent ya

DavidM
12th Jul 2003, 07:42 PM
To me faceoff was boring as hell.... totally uncreative, it's been done 1000 times :|

flame me.........................now!

EvilDrWong
12th Jul 2003, 08:17 PM
it looks really nice, and its a testament to what one person can do if they put their mind to it, but i just cant get into it... realism terrorist vs not-terrorist mods just dont appeal to me.

mannyfresh027
12th Jul 2003, 08:24 PM
faceoff is a great piece of work

looks better and is more polished than any of the other recently released mods

make sure you play at 100% gamespeed

and yeah, the gameplay is the same as other realism mods, but right now its the only good one for ut2003, so i think it will be very popular.

i hate counterstrike, but i actually like faceoff. i dont know why

Original9
12th Jul 2003, 08:39 PM
Maybe because FO is just fun? :p

Doc_EDo
12th Jul 2003, 09:11 PM
Face off!!!! :eek:
I'm in love. :)

hal
12th Jul 2003, 09:12 PM
To me faceoff was boring as hell.... totally uncreative, it's been done 1000 times :|

flame me.........................now!

No, you're right. It's been done before. Just not this well. Especially when you consider the size of the team.

tool
12th Jul 2003, 09:14 PM
all these mods to play! finally makes UT2k3 interesting. :p

[MUTTS] Hiteche5
12th Jul 2003, 09:18 PM
Face-Off looks outstanding. I can't belive one dude did all of this. For that I have to give the guy mad props. But realism mods just don't do it for me. I have to have my crazy weapons and my sci-fi maps. I am waiting on Jailbreak and Rocket Arena.

adv1
12th Jul 2003, 09:30 PM
FaceOff is OK, nothing new but quite fun for a while

Jungle Warfare is rather dull and not worth the massive download

Conquest Marines is my favourite, it needs work but is already a lot of fun

Finally people are making decent games from the UT2003 engine :)

thewalkingman
12th Jul 2003, 09:43 PM
faceoff cool
junglewarfare is heading for recycling bin

DeRailer
12th Jul 2003, 11:25 PM
I'm downloading faceoff now after reading all the positive responses.
Rocket Arena, is it entering phase 1? Iirc the official mod will have epic members involved.

NeoNight
13th Jul 2003, 12:22 AM
I want a mario kart mod! lol ut2k3/2k4 karters! lol *gets working on it right away*

DeRailer
13th Jul 2003, 03:05 AM
I played FO, it's ok, a average realistic mod. I don't like how it's weapons handles. The flaregun is nice though. =P

Original9
13th Jul 2003, 03:08 AM
Realism mod? D:

It's about as realistic as CS. =/

DeRailer
13th Jul 2003, 03:20 AM
yah, dat. But is it true FO is done by... 1 guy?? I heard that from atari.

Sparky
13th Jul 2003, 04:57 AM
FO is great... I love it!

NeoNight
13th Jul 2003, 05:15 AM
How do I uninstall jungel warefare? the damn thing didn't come with an unistall uh option (see thats why mods should use u mod to install the files I think )

DeRailer
13th Jul 2003, 06:38 AM
If you use a umod installer, then go to your ut2003 system folder, double click on setup application and a window will pop up, listing all the installed mods. Check jungle warfare and click next, voila!
If you manually installed the mod, then all you need to do is to look for Jungle Warfare folder in the main directory and delete it.

Doc_EDo
13th Jul 2003, 10:23 AM
When I saw that Jungle Warfare is 300 MB and and EXE too, it stoped me from dowloading it.
In future I'll DL only .zip or .ut2mod versions hence those are easy to uninstall.

The Twiggman
13th Jul 2003, 11:13 AM
At first I thought faceoff would be like one on one with nicholas cage and john travolta. I was wrong. But ya, lots of action. It's worth a check. Lol what is slipo doing in here. Hehe, thats funny.

DeRailer
13th Jul 2003, 11:17 AM
Godz was out, but the link's too slow 4 moi.
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=111117

edit!
I found a mirror for godz! The server's singapore based though so I can't garuantee a good downstrean for the Euros and NAs
http://unreal.pagn.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=viewdownload&cid=2

A_Rimmerlister
14th Jul 2003, 03:23 AM
Realism mod? D:

It's about as realistic as CS. =/
but at least it's got none of those idiotic rounds, no buy-system and respawning ...

Sure it isn't as realistic as Infiltration, but it is fun & looks great :)

// --
ChaosUT2 should be available as well
Did anyone try it ? (how's their Ripper ?)

... and there's Troopers at the end of the day or so.

slipo666
14th Jul 2003, 05:35 AM
Man,
I was checkin sh*t out and came across this thread, thought i would drop a post your way!
Pretty cool ehh!

Swift Viper
14th Jul 2003, 09:03 AM
I'm just amazed how one person could program, model, skin, map and others to make a mod. I know mods like that has been done 100's of times before, but the fact that this was made by one person is really amazing to me. I saw the models look nice and I almost fell in level with the shotgun model. I saw the gamespeed was set to %50 right before I entered my first match. The only problem I had was when the came crashed when I try to set my controls, now I got to do it in the ini file :( . After seeing that, I now feel very lazy, because I can't do any of that stuff well at all and when I try, I get lazy and stop because it is too hard without even trying. Why can't I break free of my lazyself :( .

As for Jungle Warfare, did not play it that much, but I'm not sure if I like it as much as Faceoff. Is it just me or the does the Shotgun and it's reloading anim does not like right or is it suppose to look like that? Guess realize mods is not my cup of tea (or whatever the word is).

As for ChaosUT2, I had a blast the first half hour of it. The sounds were one of the best things about itm the sound of the grapple hook to the Cutter (Chaos Ripper), were all hardcore. The Cutter IMO is better then UT's ripper :ripper: . All them ammo types and stuff added to the fun. Well, I'm off to play more now :) !

I wonder how good Troopers will be.

shadow_dragon
14th Jul 2003, 09:31 AM
Fatal arts is disapointing! Nice to have third person views a little more intelligent than behindview 1! And i've still got no idea how the fighting system was supposed to work!

RegularX
14th Jul 2003, 10:18 AM
Haven't tried Fatal Arts as I'm assuming it will require a few more passes. To me Jungle Warfare wasn't worth a 300MB wait without some recommendation from friends and family - which hasn't really been forthcoming.

Face Off's default 50% gamespeed really turned me off, and I found the Bot AI to be sorely lacking in the ability to be challenging area. However, the HUD work was very nice, and the models are pretty well done. Hopefully a later version will up the "fun" aspect of a YARM.

Conquest Marines has a lot of potential, but it also has a lot of work to do. The HUD work is decent to good, occasionally exceptional in terms of things like Weapon selection (that may be because I had longed to put in a Half-Life style select for Freehold UT). The AI code was pretty nice - the bots seemed to know how to balance defense and offense using the mod's own items/features. In the end though, I was a bit disappointed that one of the few non-realism mods I'd heard about still felt so much like a YARM.

I'll be downloading CUT tonight and I'm looking fwd to the Troopers beta.

BobTheFearlessFish
14th Jul 2003, 10:41 AM
nobody interested in Unrealspeed at all? its different. its pretty far along compared to the other mods mentioned.

RegularX
14th Jul 2003, 10:44 AM
It actually just escaped my attention, but USpeed has also been on my "on recommendation" list due to it's earlier beta release. Don't get me wrong, I think Koah will be able to pull something together with it - I've just been down the "next beta will be better" path too many times.

DavidM
14th Jul 2003, 11:03 AM
i tried unreal speed, the car handling was awful
i hardly get the car thru a corner without breaking out

i told the lead designer about that, he said he doesnt know what i mean, so they seem too keep it that way and it's died for me

Doc_EDo
14th Jul 2003, 11:13 AM
nobody interested in Unrealspeed at all? its different. its pretty far along compared to the other mods mentioned.
I dont like "car" games.
The gameplay just doesnt offer much.

BobTheFearlessFish
14th Jul 2003, 11:25 AM
by breaking out do you mean skidding out? or you dont need to brake to turn any of the corners

DavidM
14th Jul 2003, 11:33 AM
i cant really tell in english :/
but it felt wrong and was unplayable for me

BobTheFearlessFish
14th Jul 2003, 11:35 AM
which version was that. a lot of people said that in the old versions the cars lost control too easily. that has been changed in teh new versions a lot.

Kaoh
14th Jul 2003, 12:50 PM
i cant really tell in english :/
but it felt wrong and was unplayable for meHow long ago did you try it?

DavidM
14th Jul 2003, 12:52 PM
ya previous version
well in that case I will try it again

but that guy sounded like i'm crazy and there is no use for a change

DavidM
14th Jul 2003, 01:25 PM
gah **** that, it keeps giving me GPF's when i start the race

UT2003 Build UT2003_Build_[2003-04-07_17.42]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2419 MHz with 1535MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 with AGP8X (4351)

Assertion failed: GIsEditor || GetSuperClass() || this==UObject::StaticClass() [File:UnClass.cpp] [Line: 857]

History: UClass::Bind <- (Class US-WozkaOilLine.USBotNavigationPoint0) <- ULinkerLoad::CreateExport <- (USBotNavigationPoint0 3422629) <- IndexToObject <- ULinkerLoad<<UObject <- (LinkerLoad Package.LinkerLoad 3422629)) <- ULevelBase::Serialize <- ULevel::Serialize <- LoadObject <- (Level US-WozkaOilLine.myLevel 3422629==3422629/11690552 3419764 3075) <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.Level None.MyLevel US-WozkaOilLine) <- LoadLevel <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- LocalMapURL <- UGameEngine::Browse <- ClientTravel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

The Twiggman
14th Jul 2003, 01:34 PM
lol

Ya I downloaded the new Chaos UT2. It's actually pretty entertaining. Only a few things I didn't like, the crud in my startup menu (I never asked for anything in there, why is it there for) and the fact that the link gun, shield gun, and assault rifle are still there. Also the rocket launcher feels the same but is different colored. The other weapons are superb. The sniper rifle looks great, even has the laser. I don't know about that mine gun, odd but fun. Hehe I played with the quantum vortex gun for like 2 hours straight. Vortex arena. That is what chaos is all about. Also the KOTH gametype was also done very well. With some map packs or perhaps community build ones that could easily be enjoyable.

Swift Viper
14th Jul 2003, 02:11 PM
The Rocket Launcher is different, if you press the weapon option key or whatever it was called in the key binds, You could make it a laser guided rocket launcher, the rockets would follow where you point at. I also wanted to see a replacement for the Sheild Gun, Assault Rifle and Link Gun, but I guess time was very limited, mainly because of the contest. It feels boring respawning, having very boring weapons compare to the fun Chaos weapons. But I must say, nice sound effects ;) .

In UnrealSpeed, I also crashed all the time :( . To me, it does not feel "Unreal" enough, when that is part of the name and getting rid of the real cars made it feel a bit more unreal, but still not enough IMO.