PDA

View Full Version : Raffi_B map pack progress update

Raffi_B
11th Jul 2003, 12:39 PM
The maps are coming along great. 2 out of 5 of them are completed and I am currently working on 2 maps. one of them is a map that is based in an abandoned research center with green slime everywhere. this is the new radium 2.0 with an improved layout (TWD.) It really is almost a new map and does not resemble radium unless you think about it. and the second map is a map with the same theme as CTF-Iron but with a layout intended for more strategy and fun. I expect these two maps as well as the final one (a super fun arena-style map thats basically the idea of Romra Moon Station (not much eye candy, loads of fun)) to be done in about a month to a month and a half or so. this does not include the time for me to find a server that can host the file (I am doing a umod installation this time. on a seperate note, the file will be much bigger than the element map pack, maybe 15-20 megs thats just my estimate.) Final note: I will not be releasing my face/diamondsword ripoff unless someone can give me a GOOD reason to do so. Thanks!

BTW, no, i dont have screenies of the new maps, ill try to get some after I do some full rebuilds.

Renegade Retard
11th Jul 2003, 12:48 PM
Final note: I will not be releasing my face/diamondsword ripoff unless someone can give me a GOOD reason to do so. Thanks!

Because, many of us want it! ;) It looks like a fun variation of the Face scheme.

You may not think it's your best work, but let us at least try it. If we don't like it, we won't play it.

Rev.Whoopass
11th Jul 2003, 04:50 PM
CTF-CHASM from UT

the only map I want!!!

Raffi_B
12th Jul 2003, 01:52 AM
if you provide a set of screenshots (or a link to the map, but screenshots are much better cause i uninstalled UT1) then ill try and come up with an idea to remake it.

DeRailer
12th Jul 2003, 02:03 AM
if you provide a set of screenshots (or a link to the map, but screenshots are much better cause i uninstalled UT1) then ill try and come up with an idea to remake it.

It's basically a group of wartorn buildings as bases connected by 3 bridge with a lame sniper tower in each base for rev to snipe in. =P. j/k

can't find any shots. Might post a top down shot later if I get the chance. Meanwhile here's the link:
http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=441
Though I think you'll need to play the map to experience it's greatness.

DaBeatard
12th Jul 2003, 08:48 AM
Good to hear from you Raffi. Keep us updated :)

Rev.Whoopass
12th Jul 2003, 10:16 AM
a good sniper does'nt use the obvious positions to snipe from ;)

Raffi_B
14th Jul 2003, 09:26 AM
the rusty map is coming along now... its in the performance optimization stages. I dont know whether to include my bro's underwater map in the map pack though... I would have to change the name unless my bro doesnt care...