View Full Version : omg @ this map

DeRailer
11th Jul 2003, 03:49 AM
I refer to loosecontrol's thread on taz;s map, dm-Aristocracy
http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=306410

Radiosity
11th Jul 2003, 05:21 AM
Nice map :) Downloading now.

And...DeRailer... I noticed your post over at INA regarding this map...you mentioned DiscWorld. You a fan? Cuz I most certainly am :)

hal
11th Jul 2003, 07:30 AM
I'm stunned. :eek2:

WebSlinger
11th Jul 2003, 08:49 AM
ok, this is pretty incredible

Toolvana
11th Jul 2003, 11:10 AM
I just played a couple botmatches on it. :tup: Great map. How long before Cliffy gives it ownage?

The Warden
11th Jul 2003, 11:13 AM
on my list of "to play" maps, got side tracked last night never did it, but the screenie looked great.

Just played it, Unbelievable! possibly one of the best looking and playable maps at the same time!

The Dopefish
11th Jul 2003, 12:11 PM
OK, I just gave this map a good, long look and I've got to say this is probably the best custom map out there.

Framerates are the only real concern anyone would have about this map, but if you have a new computer (like I do :D) then you shouldn't have a problem handling it. Layout, design, lighting, weapon/ammo/pickup placement make it feel like an Epic map. 8-12 people may be a shade under the actual player load this map will get, but that's hardly a concern. This map will get 0wnage, among other things.

9.5 out of 10

DeRailer
11th Jul 2003, 12:51 PM
Nice map :) Downloading now.

And...DeRailer... I noticed your post over at INA regarding this map...you mentioned DiscWorld. You a fan? Cuz I most certainly am :)
I read the books when I was pre-teen. No longer, but I still have fond memories of it's humor. :) Very strong, unique style.

WebSlinger
11th Jul 2003, 02:45 PM
ok, only things I don't like about this map are I play DM with xloc... this map is very xloc exploitable I don't play TDM, but for those who do, this map is not zoned for TDM comSo, if you play FFA without xloc (typical settings), it's great.

KJAX
11th Jul 2003, 02:50 PM
:tup: :tup:

The Dopefish
11th Jul 2003, 03:02 PM
ok, only things I don't like about this map are I play DM with xloc... this map is very xloc exploitable I don't play TDM, but for those who do, this map is not zoned for TDM comSo, if you play FFA without xloc (typical settings), it's great.

DM w/ X-loc sucks. :)

WebSlinger
11th Jul 2003, 03:07 PM
DM w/ X-loc sucks. :)only for those who suck at it

Renegade Retard
11th Jul 2003, 03:15 PM
Webby's a tele-monkey! :)

Hanover_Fist
11th Jul 2003, 05:45 PM
Very nice looking map.

Has great flow.

Lots of potential tricky stuff.

Reminds me of an old Unreal map called Town Square.

Shock6822
11th Jul 2003, 06:26 PM
Great map...one of the few I'll actually keep in my rotation...if CliffyB doesn't give this Ownage yet he keeps Purisma up there he needs to be lynched though :p

Btw...if there's anyone who's hesitant about downloading the map, don't...it's made by Taz...if I'm correct he made DM-Vocant][ and the awesome DM-Hydrophobia for the original UT

hal
11th Jul 2003, 07:02 PM
Yep, that's the guy. :tup:

Radiosity
11th Jul 2003, 07:12 PM
Webby's a tele-monkey!

Ah yes, close relative of the ChainsawMonkey, but prefers telefragging to chopping things into bits :D TeleMonkey's also tend to be a lot more nimble on the 'ole feet than your average ChainsawMonkey too, mainly because they don't have to lug a huge chainsaw about with them :)

NeoNite
12th Jul 2003, 06:27 AM
Very nice looking map.

Has great flow.

Lots of potential tricky stuff.

Reminds me of an old Unreal map called Town Square.

I have that map in my unreal folder...

It's not all that really :hmm:

-> I think you ment saying: this map reminds me of old unreal maps.
hopefully :D

hal
12th Jul 2003, 06:34 AM
Haha.. that's what I was thinking, NeoNite. :D

But I remember when Town Square came out it was hugely popular and people were falling all over themselves about how great a map it was.

NeoNite
12th Jul 2003, 06:42 AM
Yeah I almost forgot that part hal :)

Hanover_Fist
12th Jul 2003, 08:23 AM
Rev., Sekmet and myself played it last night on The Web.

It's a really sweet looking map, but the players are really difficult to see when they are against the buildings.

Sekmet was playing as Motig/Damara/Komek (one of those aliens...) and that particular shade of yellow blends perfectly against the walls.

Maybe I need glasses. :(

And yeah, I guess alot of the Unreal maps did have this flavor now that I think about it. Observatory anyone?

Sekhmet
12th Jul 2003, 11:38 AM
My ping made up for that ;).

Playing as Motig btw :).

Map is OK imo, nice work on the graphics, flow is pretty decent.

BigFolks
13th Jul 2003, 12:31 AM
Based off of the picture, i'd say that map deserves 5 stars. Definite variation and looks like it has proper use of static meshes- if any. Hope there aren't 5 billion pharoahs sitting somehwere in a secret room.
Man that pisses me off :D

Radiosity
13th Jul 2003, 04:21 AM
Definite variation and looks like it has proper use of static meshes- if any

The entire map is made from Meshes ;) The main house fronts are BSP, absolutely everything else is static meshes.