WoRM2k3 suggestion box.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cvydas

Jun 29, 2003
Bangor,Maine
this really great, i didnt find any bugs yet. one thing though, it doesnt seem to interact well with customconfig by parserhttp://fraghouse.beyondunreal.com/?page=files . i like custom config because you can change the amount of health you get when you pick up a 25 health pack to whatever you want and this new worms overrides this to the default amount of 25. also overrides the amount of adrenaline you get when you pickup a pill to the default of 3. again these are not bugs i know but can you fix this?

EvilDrWong

Every line of code elevates you
Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
indeed. twould be super-friggin-rad if you could possibly combine some 'WeaponStuff-lite' sort of features into WoRM (such as damage, firerate, projectile speed, or some such)

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
maybe by the october deadline... many of these things seem well out of the bounds of what WoRM should be handling...
anyhow, as originally planned, I have added the ability to copnfigure starting Health & Shield levels of players.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Kangus said:
many of these things seem well out of the bounds of what WoRM should be handling...
Well if you're not gonna let other mutators do their job it seems it's your responsibility to give the player a chance to configure the settings they want. So there. :p

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
What do you have against the name Kangu?
And what is he right about? The health thing, or the projectiles and damage and stuff?

EvilDrWong

Every line of code elevates you
Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
ok, let me introduce some logic here. You can alter player health and shield levels (which happens to be outside the scope of replacing weapons) but you dont want to add the functionality to tweak weapon properties, even though you knowingly break other mutators on purpose? Youre a horrible person, and i hate you.

call me

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
health & shield = 2 control items

weapon properties = many control items per weapon... times however many weapons you want WoRM to add in, which can be up to 26 of them

...big difference.

besides, the health & shield is along the lines of the option to start with powerups that I plan to add.

also, adding all those options rather than finding a way to make WoRM compatable with Parser's mute would be stepping on Parser's toes. I don't like stepping on WoDites' toes.

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
I'd rather just make a loophole where in Parser's mod will work with WoRM.... the other thing about the Many*26 menu elements is the one thing I despise most from an objective point of view about SA.... it's got too much damn stuff crammed in it.

cvydas

Jun 29, 2003
Bangor,Maine
Kangus, like i said this is a nice mod and i agree, that if you decide something does not belong in worms2k3 than it is your mod. i will get it i just wont use it as much as i would if it supported either compatibility or the capability of the things that parsers mod does or i should say, is supposed to do. just like when i got switcharsenal and i found out about worms, i switched to using worms. on a side note, as for stepping on parsers toes, who really gives a ****. you are stepping on the toes of the guy that made switch arsenal (Created by Jesse Schoch aka Melaneus) right now as we speak so what are you gonna, do throw the towel in on everything? i dont think so. if your work is better than someone else's than go for it i say.besides i think parsers mutator could use some work anyways. and he sent me an email saying he agrees, in so many words. but if you want to make worms even better than it is now, you might take these suggestions into some serious consideration.
-chris

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
cvydas, and everyone here in general:

firstly, I'd like t o appologize if I start sounding rash, rude, and/or exceedingly unreasonable... I've been working non-stop the last few days on WoRM trying to get it ready for entry into the contest.... as a result, suggestions of big complex features don't rest well with me, as I have only a few days to finish this.

secondly, I really hate getting into this part, but WoRM came before SA by a long shot. It first came out in the first quarter of 2001 for the original UT, before the world had even heard the words "SwitchArsenal" or "StuffSwapper." Thus WoRM isn't doing any toe stepping... in fact if I recall (I may be wrong on this) , it came out for 2k3 only about a week after the first SA... which I didn't even know existed until I was zipping up the release....

thirdly, Parser is a friend... stepping on a friend's toes just isn't acceptable. Melaneus is a person I know only by name.

thirdly, I said I was going to try to add the compatability... and if I can't add it, I will try and work with Parser to make it work... even perhaps mearging as vulture suggested.

I think I'm done... new beta soonish...

cvydas

Jun 29, 2003
Bangor,Maine
i here ya Kangus. sounds good to me. enough said about this. no sense in beating a dead horse unless you like to beat on dead horses.

Status
Not open for further replies.