PDA

View Full Version : Help JD reducemouselag=false.

JohnDoe641
10th Jul 2003, 11:36 PM
When set to true, it kills my fps by 15+ and it's really starting to bug me now. Ofcourse I don't get the annoyingly huge mouse lag I get when it's off, but I want my 15+ fps back. :(

Has anyone figured out a way to have reducemouselag to fasle and have no mouse lag, as they once did?

BTW, I'd get the lag when an explosion or something stresses my video card. And I'm not gonna turn my details down any farther than they are. :p

Thanks. :)

TWD
11th Jul 2003, 12:17 AM
Ehh i get more mouse lag with that thing when it's on than off but it partly has to do with videocard.

Are you using vsync? I've found that vsync will get really bad lag without mouselag.

Radiosity
11th Jul 2003, 05:27 AM
Synching your game's refresh rate to the same as your monitor and using Vsync gets rid of most of the lag, but it's still apparent. Using reducemouselag just gives a nicer, smoother game (which is fine if you can live without the extra fps).

Think of it like this: If you play without reducemouselag enabled and you get loads of lag on your mouse, how do you play? I play like crap.
Now turn reduceML on and lose those 10-15 fps, how do you play, with a smooth mouse? I play loads better :D
Guess it depends on your rig though, and if it can handle losing 15fps without running like crap.

Deathmaker
11th Jul 2003, 06:35 AM
Yeah, I've been suffering from that myself recently too. I just noticed it one day a few weeks ago when I jumped online, I can't put it down to any driver updates, etc, it just seemed to appear from nowhere. The frame rate hit for me with reducemouselag on is anywhere between 5-50%, it seems directly proportionate to the fps I'm getting at the time. :(

Radiosity
11th Jul 2003, 06:39 AM
Mine doesn't do that....I lose 10fps when I hit reducemouselag, and it goes back up by 10 when I turn it off again. I keep it on now since 10fps doesn't worry me much, I still get 40-50+ at 1024 with all settings maxed :)

TWD
11th Jul 2003, 11:23 AM
On my computer:

Vsync on no mouse lag: the game lags especally the mouse
vsync on with mouse lag: what I see is extreemly smooth no choppyness or whatever, but the mouse seems off by a lot.
No vsync with mouse lag: an unacceptable drop in framerate
no vsync o mouse lag: some choppyness but hardly noticable, woth it for the mouse being smooth.

JohnDoe641
11th Jul 2003, 11:04 PM
I've got vsync off.

BUt it does, when off, seem to be only present when my fps dip lower. I guess I'll have ot live with the fps loss until I get my new cpu and video card.