PDA

View Full Version : Final Thread on Gorge model headshot hate!

Sir_Brizz
10th Jul 2003, 10:41 PM
Is it just me or is it ridiculously stupid where you have to hit on Gorge to get a headshot? it's not his head it's just above his head! Plus everyu n00b on the planet plays as him :p hahaha ;) :p :)

DaBeatard
10th Jul 2003, 10:43 PM
Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt!

DeRailer
10th Jul 2003, 11:08 PM
I hate gorge! :mad: oh well at least he don't do cartwheels and too much sommersault. :p

Renegade Retard
11th Jul 2003, 04:21 PM
Plus everyu n00b on the planet plays as him :p hahaha ;) :p :)

Yeah, and named "Player." :p

I like playing against Gorge. That big, fat, bald head makes a great bullseye! :)

WebSlinger
11th Jul 2003, 05:11 PM
Lightning Bolt!

Orochi
11th Jul 2003, 06:29 PM
Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt!

Fumanchu
11th Jul 2003, 06:42 PM
I havent seen gorge in months. All I see is Sapphire :D

Sir_Brizz
11th Jul 2003, 09:29 PM
ummm why is everyone chanting lightning bolt? Is it some tribal lunar speak or something???

DaBeatard
11th Jul 2003, 10:30 PM
Lightning Bolt! (http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=306115)

:p

hal
12th Jul 2003, 12:45 AM
sleep!

TheGunkster
12th Jul 2003, 01:56 AM
Heh, all i see is gorge, i've been using the use default models ever since the beginning of 2k3, and ive gotten used to it... mainly for performance issues...

thewalkingman
12th Jul 2003, 04:50 PM
Heh all my gorge's are upainted BuddyLee and him

Hunter
12th Jul 2003, 06:50 PM
lol, well i play as damarus and it's great fun

none of this fancy flipping etc

BigFolks
13th Jul 2003, 02:53 AM
gorge must die...again

Sir_Brizz
14th Jul 2003, 07:22 PM
OMFG too bad I'm too late to post in that thread...it had to be one of the most pathetic things I have seen in my life...LOL!

That kid screaming Lightning Bolt really does have problems! :p

Scuzzbuster
16th Jul 2003, 01:54 AM
Lightning Bolt! (http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=306115)

:p

For the love of God. What hath I lain mine eyes upon?

Sir_Brizz
16th Jul 2003, 09:15 PM
For the love of God. What hath I lain mine eyes upon?

LO freaking L I haven't laughed at a one line post that good for a long time now :p

DialAJunk
17th Jul 2003, 08:01 AM
Sparky's mod seems to remedy the headshot problem, by making the models the correct size in relation to the hit box.

Epic make big boo-boo by changing model size, IMO.

Sir_Brizz
17th Jul 2003, 08:02 PM
yah I noticed that...but then it makes the neck easier to hit on some models also ;)

DialAJunk
17th Jul 2003, 10:58 PM
True.
Why can't each model have its own hitbox?
And why can't people make custom hitboxes for thier models?

I mean, say you made a model of a zombie that was holding its own head. You wouldn't want people getting headshots by shooting above the neck.

I dunno...

SealClubber
18th Jul 2003, 11:54 AM
Well, sometimes I play as a custom skinned character, so I see me as a character using the custom skin while everyone else sees me as gorge :)

DialAJunk
18th Jul 2003, 01:39 PM
hmm, yeah.

Maybe if custom player content worked better...

(then again, I hear that could compromise a lot of server security, and make cheating a bit more easy. It still might be a good trade off if UTSecure kept up)

CrazyCougar
19th Jul 2003, 10:48 AM
True.
Why can't each model have its own hitbox?
And why can't people make custom hitboxes for thier models?

I mean, say you made a model of a zombie that was holding its own head. You wouldn't want people getting headshots by shooting above the neck.

I dunno...

The reason why all hitboxes are the same is to prevent cheating.

If the hitbox could be changed you'd get some idiot who'd make an invisible skin with a hitbox so hard to hit you'd never score a kill on it.

It would have been nice if they could have designed the models to fit the hitbox instead of making it so you have to shoot above the heads...

Although I think that was done when they shrunk the models. They likely left the hitbox the same...

DialAJunk
19th Jul 2003, 05:08 PM
Thanks CrazyCougar!
That clears it up.

Also, I agree that the models were shrinked, while the hitboxes left alone. It's pretty obvious really.
Another questionable decision made by Epic.

vicious2003
19th Jul 2003, 11:02 PM
wouldn't epic need to go and fix this in order to stop cheaters and wanna be cheaters? I mean. its kind of unfair if you can't hit where logically you are suppose to hit.

Good thing I haven't had time to play ut2k3 or else this would annoy me.

Sir_Brizz
20th Jul 2003, 08:58 PM
no. By allowing people to change the hit area on models they would make it easier to cheat. Look above, but basically, you could put the head zone on their foot or something, making it incredibly difficult to hit. By keeping them the same on all models you always shoot at the same spot no matter how tall, short, or goofy looking the model is.

Astaldo711
23rd Jul 2003, 11:09 PM
I watched that video. I was embarassed for them :shake:

Further down was a link to CNN. It's about some college fellow that plays video games. It looks like UT2K3 on his screen in the background. Anyway, I checked out CNN's poll on "how often do you play video games?"
Out of over 50,000 people taking the poll, 45% claimed they played every day!
I guess I'm not as geeky as I thought! I'm not am I? Am I? :(
Oh bother... :rolleyes:

Sir_Brizz
24th Jul 2003, 05:40 PM
I know I am....I program all day then play UT2k3 the rest of the time :p