PDA

View Full Version : The cow makes a brief appearance in Anubis...

Radiosity
9th Jul 2003, 08:41 PM
This thread is guaranteed to get some attention I feel......;)

Yes, it's true, the Cow has made a very brief appearance on Anubis. And here's the pics to prove it (see attached) :D

Being serious for a moment, I've still got a long way to go until the little fella is ready for a release, but I thought it would be nice (read - mean and nasty :lol: ) to post a couple of teaser pics. I've created a totally new bone structure for him and have currently got 6 out of 85 total animations done, so there's a way to go yet :eek: And then I need to create his Karma file too, which will be fun ;)

More news will come as and when I have it :)

I_LoveToKill
9th Jul 2003, 09:02 PM
YESSSSS!

That looks sweet :)

I been asking everywhere since the demo came out
for someone to make that little guy.

Can't wait to try it :D

DeaJae
9th Jul 2003, 09:58 PM
yay! \O/

lets hope the fecking skin whingers have grown up, or buggered off back to UT. :)

Doc_EDo
9th Jul 2003, 10:07 PM
Omg Nice! :D

Renegade Retard
9th Jul 2003, 10:14 PM
Looks VERY nice Chain. Great job! :tup: :tup:

TWD
9th Jul 2003, 10:28 PM
Isn't there going to be a cow in ut2004 though? :\

DaBeatard
9th Jul 2003, 10:39 PM
Looks awesome man!

The Dopefish
9th Jul 2003, 11:18 PM
Moo!

Radiosity
10th Jul 2003, 07:28 AM
Thanks guys :)

I've decided I'm going to rebuild his skeleton and re-do the current animations. The bone structure is a bit simple at the moment and not very realistic, so I'm gonna change that.

Heh, wait till you see his idle animation (defending on ctf for example); he puts his little head down and starts rooting around on the ground for food :D

And I can't see them adding the cow to 2004....how would it drive vehicles? ;)

WebSlinger
10th Jul 2003, 09:43 AM
I want my Gene Simmons! ;) nice work, Monkey

Doc_EDo
31st Jul 2003, 02:16 PM
So how's this one going?

spineblaZe
31st Jul 2003, 02:33 PM
:tup: lookin good CSM. I always loved seeing that cow run around in UT, except when I was trying to headshot the damn thing... :D

*EDIT* speeling

BulletProof
31st Jul 2003, 03:18 PM
looks awesome

how tall is it compared to the other ut2k3 models?

Radiosity
31st Jul 2003, 03:24 PM
I'd forgotten about this thread :)

At the moment it comes up to about thigh height on a human model. I'll be increasing that to at least half the size of a human though like the original. He's too hard to hit ATM :)

B
31st Jul 2003, 04:43 PM
Looks good, but damn, the cow must be the nastiest model ever made..

Thrawn70
31st Jul 2003, 07:46 PM
Gimme! :o

I_LoveToKill
31st Jul 2003, 09:18 PM
must... have... cow... lol

BulletProof
31st Jul 2003, 11:38 PM
Got Milk?

SugarBear
1st Aug 2003, 08:33 AM
no offense, because I can't do anything like that, but it's way to small, it needs to be wider and taller. just overall a lot bigger, like adding bulk too.

Hunter
1st Aug 2003, 09:27 AM
no offense, because I can't do anything like that, but it's way to small, it needs to be wider and taller. just overall a lot bigger, like adding bulk too.

slap a few pounds, i need a good dinner ;)

Radiosity
1st Aug 2003, 12:52 PM

I did say I'd be scaling him up :)

DeDpoet|BuF
1st Aug 2003, 01:28 PM
great work, man. looking fwd to seeing cows boost-jumping! (it oughta be interesting!)

lol

Scuzzbuster
3rd Aug 2003, 02:09 AM
To quote a fellow BuFer from way back in the UT days: anyone who uses the Nali War Cow skin has got something mentally wrong with them. Shouldn't you be working on a cure for cancer or something?

lol...
Nice work though. Looks good so far.

Doc_EDo
3rd Aug 2003, 03:19 PM
The model will need new skin though.
I can find a skinner if you cant make nice skins.

Radiosity
3rd Aug 2003, 05:52 PM
Heh, I'll need to make a new model first :) That's the original at the moment. I'm using that at the moment and will probably release a version using it for starters, before making an updated model later. With good reason too - having the original model means I can concentrate on the bone structure and rigging and get the animations done (all 86 of them), and once that's finished I can simply rig a new model to the skeleton and release it as a standalone model.

Oh, and as far as skinning totally new stuff goes, yeah I could do with someone else making the skins as I'm not too hot with that yet, thanks Doc :)

BigFolks
4th Aug 2003, 01:03 AM
if you release the nali warcow, will other people be able to see me with it if i play using that skin online? Just curious, i'm very new to this stuff :P
What about skaarj er whatever, has somebody made a skaarj skin / model yet?

hooray, my 50th post.

I_LoveToKill
4th Aug 2003, 05:49 AM
Only way all players will be able to see the skin is if the maker of
the model/skin or the server admin creates a small mutator that pushes
the skin to the clients so all will download it and the server admins
installs that into thier serverpackages, its just a few lines if uscript so this
should be no problem for skins authors to do.

If not, I think other players will only see the skin IF they also have it installed.