PDA

View Full Version : New UT2003 stats up.

TWD
9th Jul 2003, 08:02 PM
Check it out http://ut2003stats.epicgames.com

I'm not sure how it decides names. I have my stats name as TWD|BuF but in the stats I only see a !zz!TWD|BuF so I don't know how it decides what name to use. Either way if you stick the buf tag in there it will be a lot easier for us to laugh at our stats and such.

I_LoveToKill
9th Jul 2003, 10:43 PM
Its seems to not log some people, like most of my
clan members are on there, but a couple including me
is not, and I play like 4 hours a day on the same server
as the other players that has been logged allready.

My network username/pass has been set, I dont get it?

DaBeatard
9th Jul 2003, 10:48 PM
I'm in the same boat as ILTK

TWD
9th Jul 2003, 10:54 PM
First off: You have to play on a server that is recording the stats. Try factory unreal

Second: I set up my name and pass etc but that's not what it records. It records !zz!TWD|BuF when I changed my name to TWD|BuF then switched back again it switched so now you see two !zz!TWD|BuF so I'm not sure if that thing your supposed to fill in really matters anyways that or I musta done it wrong.

I_LoveToKill
10th Jul 2003, 02:44 AM
Yeah I know, we mostly play on our clan server and it has
had stats enabled for a long time, other players that played did
show up thats why I wondered.

Just played some games today and now they are showing up so
I guess it only just started logging all sites just recently.

[Edit typos]

I_LoveToKill
10th Jul 2003, 03:55 AM
Hmm just found something I don't like much...

The searches uses post and not get, so I can't bookmark a search :(

TWD
10th Jul 2003, 11:18 AM
It uses get when you do a player id. It just doesn't use get for searches. Probably to save bandwith.

edhe
10th Jul 2003, 12:33 PM
The stats used to use a situation where it'd use the latest name you were using, regardless of your stats id. The stats only came up last night and you have to play on stats enabled servers. The server thing... you'd be hard pushed to find servers that have it enabled now, it's more of an 'off' thing seeing as it hasn't been working up 'till now.

My player id's changed :hmm:

CrazyCougar
10th Jul 2003, 12:34 PM
The stat name in the settings is not used. It might have been for the old stat site however under the new one it just goes by the name you use online.

The stats still aren't are robust as the UT stats were. However it's better than nothing.

The stats have been working for about a month now(the beta test was reset regularly) and it's actually kept up with the demand so that's a good sign at least. Although servers likely turned them off when it died so maybe it's just not as popular as it might have been.

It's too bad that the stats don't track as much detail as TTM though. That would be more interesting.... ;)

Sir_Brizz
10th Jul 2003, 10:47 PM
you have to have a username and password that is how it logs your player id. If they were smart they would use that name and have all the nicknames you have gone by in a subset db under your account. But of course the guy that wrote it isn't that smart.

I_LoveToKill
11th Jul 2003, 12:51 AM
I dont think its got anything to do with being smart, more a resource
problem storing all that extra data.

I run a grep on my server logs each day to find aliasers, and there is
tons and tons of people playing with all kinds of different names.

CrazyCougar
11th Jul 2003, 02:14 PM
I just looked at my stats from the other night. I was wrong about the name tracking. During the beta the name tracking was done on the name used ingame. However, the other night I was using an alias on the maps in question... and they show my stats name not the alias.

Hunter
11th Jul 2003, 02:18 PM
right i'm gonig to user HUNTER|BuF :)