PDA

View Full Version : WoRM2k3 SS6 FINAL BETA

Kangus
7th Jul 2003, 04:49 PM
This version is damn near what I intend to enter in MSU.
I may add another powerup, but this is basically it.

Please test it like mad before tommorow evening. I really appreciate the testing you guys are doing. Thanks.

CURRENT VERSION: SS6beta4
LAST UPDATED: Monday @ 4:55AM

====================================

Changes since beta 3:
--You can now choose up to 4 powerups to spawn with
--You can now choose a "*NONE*" preset on all pages
--MegaAdrenaline +100 and Invisibility powerups added
--ChaosUT powerup support added
--ChaosUT multi-ammo support added
--Miscellaneous code tweaks and crap.

Known Bugs:
-Renumbering doesn't work client sidestill
-funky "Accessed Null Class Context" stuff in UT2003.log

EvilDrWong
8th Jul 2003, 12:05 AM
totally broked. Youre horrible. ;)

Kangus
8th Jul 2003, 01:26 AM
better watch out or I'll put a bengal tiger in yer latrine!

Kangus
8th Jul 2003, 02:39 AM
New beta up See above^^^

vulture987
8th Jul 2003, 09:28 PM
i like the new brick wall backround, kangus. god that was an ugly rock.

Kangus
9th Jul 2003, 01:44 AM
yes, I like the brick wall much better too... and its what I'm keeping if I don't get time to add the background selector in.

Kangus
11th Jul 2003, 12:10 AM
next beta soon... still working myself to the bone.

Smoke39
11th Jul 2003, 12:45 AM
That sounds painful... :eek:

Kangus
13th Jul 2003, 01:44 AM
Well, I dunno what all I changed since the last version since I wasted so damn much time trying to kill that client side renumbering crapp... just download it

vulture987
13th Jul 2003, 04:17 PM
kangus, have you been coding drunk again? :D

i'm gunna start testing this thing right now, any particular parts u think need a lookover?

Kangus
13th Jul 2003, 07:22 PM
mostly amke sure I haven't broken anything since the last build since I kinda tore numerous parts of it up and then taped them back together again trying to make the client side stuff work...

I have added an Invisibility powerup and a full Adrenaline Pickup as bonus powerups. They'll be in tonight's beta, along with any other ones I add (and I finally finished all the damn help text)

Kangus
14th Jul 2003, 04:58 AM
Yo! Release Candidate!!! Test!!!!

vulture987
14th Jul 2003, 09:33 AM
choasUT2 is out, the weapons rock my socks... thank god for WoRM

RegularX
14th Jul 2003, 09:35 AM
I'll nab and test this tonight

RegularX
15th Jul 2003, 09:19 AM
I failed big time, a Monday totally whipped my ass and I got nothing done on the puter last night and spent the entire evening playing Tenchu with the girl :(

vulture987
16th Jul 2003, 11:05 AM
wait wait wait, you spent an entire night playing tenchu and not only are you not a social outcast, you can count it as quality time spent with your girlfriend? sounds like time well spent to me.

i've been messin with WoRM and Chaos and i'm not sure but i dont think WoRM recognizes the Chaos UT2 Rocket Launcher.

Kangus
16th Jul 2003, 12:05 PM
yes, it seems the Chaos Team didn't declare their rocket launcher in their int file... so it won't show up in Arena or the weapon priority list either... what a shame.

Kangus
16th Jul 2003, 12:12 PM
On an unrelated note, I'm sure glad the contest deadline is past... now I can go to the demolition derby at the fair tonight without a worry in the world :p

Neuroflare
16th Jul 2003, 02:57 PM
NO!! YOU CAN'T!!! You ahve to refine WoRM NOW for the october deadline!

cvydas
16th Jul 2003, 06:16 PM
yeah they forgot that one.. try this..

Object=(Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Weapon,Name=ChaosUT.CUTRocketLauncher,Description="The Trident Tri-barrel Rocket Launcher is extremely popular among competitors who enjoy more bang for their buck. The rotating rearloading barrel design allows for both single- and multi-warhead launches, letting you place up to three dumbfire rockets on target. The warheads are designed to deliver maximum concussive force to the target and surrounding area upon detonation.")

vulture987
17th Jul 2003, 08:08 PM
hey thanks dude

kangus, i'm noticeing that WoRM also doesnt pick up weapons from TC's (like Domain). Is that just because the coding is altered to much or what?

RegularX
17th Jul 2003, 10:26 PM
Probably because they also didn't declare them in an int file for other mods/mutes to see.

Kangus
17th Jul 2003, 10:35 PM
yeah, what RegX said, plus they put all their crap in seperate folders from normal UT stuff and otherwise generally sucked.... 99.9% of all T/Cs should be able to be run from with-in normal UT2k3