PDA

View Full Version : Warbeast 4th map for ut2k3

DeRailer
6th Jul 2003, 11:32 PM
Quite a decent map gameplaywise. The theme is pretty unreal.
http://warbeast.00network.org/levels/UT2k3/dm-chimera3.jpg
http://warbeast.00network.org/levels/UT2k3/dm-chimera2.jpg
http://warbeast.00network.org/filez/dm-chimera.zip

The Dopefish
7th Jul 2003, 12:30 AM
OK, did a little look around first.

Pros: Obviously the design is incredible...one of the best looking futuristic/Unreal maps I've seen yet. Flow isn't bad and falling to your doom isn't an issue despite that open space. I like the jumpers which boost you below the stage. Weapon placement is good.

Cons: Too much adrenaline! Lift-jumps are too obvious and treat you to too much. One can run around the level in 20 seconds and already be packing the amp, 199 health from the keg and 150 armor (and probably 50 adrenaline). Ammo is in short supply, which may be a good balance to the powerups.

Not a bad map, but lift-jumps to obvious places are becoming passť, in my opinion. How about having to lift-jump to the side?...

7 out of 10.

Sadly I've lost the link to my Unreal Asylum FTP so momentarily I'll attach the pics here.

Picture 2: "Ramp jump" should be "Lift jump".

All pictures: I had the "No adrenaline" mutator on at the time (and Arena mutator, which explains any and all Redeemers you may see ;)).

k0lpA
7th Jul 2003, 01:26 AM
eh ? Becoming Passť ?

Sparky
7th Jul 2003, 01:38 AM
The map's too busy... I don't like it.

iddQd
7th Jul 2003, 05:57 AM
Whoah, this must be niceness it self. I would really like to se the final!

Dope: Maybe you should send your comments to him personally via mail or something, cuz i totally agree with your points... way too much adrenaline

WebSlinger
7th Jul 2003, 09:45 AM
Monkey-Goat!! LOL that's my favorite word of the day (granted, it's early).

DeRailer
7th Jul 2003, 09:57 AM
easter egg

The Dopefish
7th Jul 2003, 02:24 PM
eh ? Becoming Passť ?

Are there any maps with lifts that DON'T lead to something if you jump? :)

The Dopefish
7th Jul 2003, 03:00 PM
I e-mailed Soenke about the map.

easter egg

She goes by the name of "Meryl". More pictures of her can be had at his website. I won't link directly to them because...well...you'll see for yourself. :jen:

hal
11th Jul 2003, 12:15 PM
Wow... almost passed this one by. Once again, Warbeast shows that he can craft custom stuff like nobody's business.

It is very busy, Sparky. I don't think that makes it bad though... it's just a style.

The layout is good, though it's a little too platform-y for my tastes. The visuals are nothing short of stunning however, and the Chimera is incredibly cool.

Thank god there are people out there putting this much effor into maps! :tup:

The Warden
11th Jul 2003, 12:26 PM
Wow... almost passed this one by. Once again, Warbeast shows that he can craft custom stuff like nobody's business.

Thank god there are people out there putting this much effor into maps! :tup:

He had said on Atari(ina) that CTF-SkorBut was to be his last map. I'm glad it wasn't.

and I'll agree with everyone else, Map looks cool, but at the same time too busy.