TTR version 1.2 a done deal then :)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
Well its official now, we've entered the last week, the last week people will play version 1.1.
During this week we are going to introduce new and veteran players to version 1.2 on the site.

What to expect the coming week:

To start the week off you will get the chance of getting to know two new maps; Merderet made by Spunge himself and Besieged by TheThirdMan. Needless to say that these two new urban maps make a fine addition to TTR, as you can soon witness for yourselves.

The second update will contain detailed information and screenshots on our new player models and the high-detailed (S3TC) skins, we will especially show you some close up screenshots of the new SS camo skins

On day three we are going to explore the world of the code Jaeg, our main coder, will guide you to some of the latest code features, you will find out how the new scoreboard works, the updated hud, voice menu, and much more.

Next up we are going to show off two other new maps; Nuenen by BoB and Legal and Merkers by TheThirdMan. Nuenen is a highly detailed destroyed city map, whereas Merkers is a very versatile map offering large open areas and intense indoor areas, The saltmine of Merkers in Thüringen was used for the safe keeping of money and gold from the Reichsbank

Our final daily update will contain version 1.2 itself.

Now, we also got some important information for all the server administrators out there, TTR will release a standalone server package before the actual version 1.2 release, with installation guide, so you can easily start your own dedicated TTR server, on pc or linux.
Server Administrators with questions can mail to: Stryker@thethirdreich.com

We're also very eagerly looking for people who can mirror the server package (around 200 MB's) and the version 1.2 files themselves aswell, there will be a patch (from version 1.1) which will weigh in about 85 MB's, and a standalone version (from UT patched to version 436) which will weigh in about 150 MB's
So any help with mirroring files is greatly appreciated, people who want to mirror let us know at Stryker@thethirdreich.com and we'll make sure you get the version 1.2 files and server package well before the official release.

Time to clean your boots soldier, untill then.

Preview some of the screenshots at : www.thethirdreich.com

radar04small.jpg
brindisi01small.jpg
Nuenen06small.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
PCZONE uk has done a review of version 1.1 :( (however they will come back to TTR in a few months time) To bad since i gave them the latest RC download link and all, guess they didn't have time :/

however version 1.2 should be on their coverdisc, issue sept i think its 132 (not sure though)

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
I must say, those textures certainly look MUCH better than the old ones.

I'm still going to kill you for what you did to the MG42, though.

Big_Duke_06

Charlie Don't Surf!
May 25, 2003
Arizona, USA
Visit site
Great news! Can't wait to play... UT is quickly becoming my most played game - with Infiltration 2.9 on the near horizon and TTR 1.2 out in a week or so... Tough to beat a lineup like that!

Matthew

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
I'm still going to kill you for what you did to the MG42, though.

Don't worry the third person mg and .30 cal are only placeholders for now. Version 2.0 will feature first person MG's :D

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
Day One of the TTR campaign :p

The first new map is called Merderet, mapped by spunge himself.
Merderet is the name of the river which played an important role during world war II.
The Merderet River flows from a point two miles southwest of Valognes in a southeasterly direction. Four and a half miles south of Montebourg the Merderet changes direction sharply and continues to the south where it meets with the Douve River one mile northeast of Beuzeville La Bastille. The allied troops where to destroy or secure certain bridges that crossed the Merderet river.

stlomanorsmall.jpg
stlocafesmall.jpg
stloChurchsmall.jpg

The second map we are going to show you is called Besieged made by TheThirdMan.
Besieged is a fictional battle taking place in a French axis controlled village.
In this map we also have four objectives which the allies need to do in order to win this level.

Besiegedmainsquaresmall.jpg
Besiegedenigmasmall.jpg
Besiegedeastsquaresmall.jpg

Lots 'o screenshots at site, some are quite high resolution to :)

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
TTRStryker8 said:
Don't worry the third person mg and .30 cal are only placeholders for now. Version 2.0 will feature first person MG's :D

No excuse. Don't sleep.

Have you fixed the force structure at all? No more SS-Schütze rolling around with Wehrmacht, I hope...

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
Day Two of the Campaign,

Tuesday's update, ligned is one of the most important aspect of TTR, the player models
All the details we got on these are posted today, along with the neccesairy renders and screenshots.

Now as you all know there are still quite a few 56k users out there, this doesn’t necessary mean a problem in game, however acquiring TTR with a 56k modem is not that simple.
Our community has figured out a solution for that problem: we are very pleased to be able to offer 50 UK people a TTR version 1.2 CD. This offer is only for UK people who have dialup connections only, there are no shipping costs either. What you need to do is send us an e-mail at Stryker@thethirdreich.com with your real name, nick and address and we’ll put you on the list

Axiscloseupsmall.jpg
SS_UNIFORMSsmall.jpg
alliedhurtsmall.jpg

Head over to the SITE for more details and screenshots

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
TTRStryker8 I connect at a blinding speed of 26,400. Had no problem downloading TTR. Took three nights using get right but I got it. Now if I can get rid of this annoying thing called real life I might get it installed.

PS was downloading the latest Thievery at same time. Yes I need to install that to.

I envy 56kers.

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
ok well hopefully you'll be able to play some 1.2 then, you're all invited :D

About the download times well, if you've got a 56k and you're Britisch be sure to mail asap, we only got 50 cd's :(