PDA

View Full Version : New UT2004 Screenshots!

RaptoR
5th Jul 2003, 06:34 AM
It's turning out to be a pretty big weekend for Unreal news. First the Unreal II Multiplayer Announcement, and now some brand new UT2004 shots to drool over. GenGamers.com have six new UT2004 screenshots, showing off player models, vehicles, spider mines, and the slightly-changed UT2004 HUD.

We've also mirrored the images right here on BU for all you lazy people...

What do you think of these shots? Better than the last set of UT2004 shots? Click the 'Post A Comment' link above and have your say!

Shuriken
5th Jul 2003, 08:27 AM
W00t - team-coloured spider-mines!

The last pic looks like you can customize the colour of your hud. I want my white, semi-transparent hud back! :)

AMmayhem
5th Jul 2003, 08:48 AM
The player model in the third pic looks really stupid to me. Everything else looks good though. :tup:

Sparky
5th Jul 2003, 09:28 AM
Is it just me, or do the player models look larger? :) If I'm corrent, they've already sold me...

DeRailer
5th Jul 2003, 09:41 AM
That tower architecture is awesome, but the spider mines looks bright and fugly imo.

>ID<Krille
5th Jul 2003, 10:40 AM
The player model in the third pic looks really stupid to me. Everything else looks good though. :tup:

lol u crazy that's Gorge...

pic's looks nice though =) the "space ships" on shot 2 looks alittel boring they could have had alittel more creative design

ur^Supa
5th Jul 2003, 12:09 PM
that looks sick, good job biotches!

jevus
5th Jul 2003, 12:37 PM
pic's looks nice though =) the "space ships" on shot 2 looks alittel boring they could have had alittel more creative design

lmfao! are you on dope guy? lol, as soon as i saw those spaceships i was sold! tho it would be good to have one large spaceship, like atlantis (but better design)

TossMonkey
5th Jul 2003, 02:57 PM
He's right those ships look poo. The rest look good though, those spiderbomb things are sweet, I hope you can control them remotely. :D

Slob
5th Jul 2003, 04:39 PM
The new Skaarj look retarded

NeoNite
5th Jul 2003, 06:27 PM
So how much of Ut2004 is actually FPS?
Spaceships etc are a nice touch, but...
Will it work 0_0 ? Long term?

beefsack
5th Jul 2003, 08:30 PM
haha looks like im gonna buy it the day it comes out...

4 team support would really be icing on the cake tho...

Bean316
5th Jul 2003, 10:14 PM
talk about genre-blending...

If they could add a strategy element of sorts...that would be delicious...or they might have already and i didnt notice...

hal
6th Jul 2003, 12:02 AM
Remember, the vehicles are intended for a single gametype. The others are still there untouched.

I don't see what is wrong with the Skarrj model. It looks very nice to me. No, he doesn't look just like the Skaarj in Unreal (neither did the UT Skaarj IMO). He has sort of a Balrog look to him. Who says we've seen all the different types of Skaarj anyway? It looks badass and it's a professionally done new model. I'm glad it's there.

I'd agree with the ships from the shots I've seen. They don't look very threatening. They look more like transport ships... but who knows? Maybe they are!

Last, but not least... I hope that LG scope goes away. I don't care for it. Especially the way it is effected by light/lens flares.

Half_Lunatic
6th Jul 2003, 09:41 PM
I like the Skaarj Model. Doesn't resemble U1 or UT models but who cares it looks great. Seems like they're doing some changes to the skins. Gorge has more color now I guess to help distingish whos on what team. Spider bombs look pretty good to me. It would be great to be able to control one your self >:) . Some vehi cles look nice but some look like they could have been done better but they still look nice. Custom HUD would be great. I would like a light grey/white hud. 4 Teams again would be nice along with the original domination. I want to see the ability to choose your color to show even outside of team games like in UT. Choose normal blue,red,green,or yellow.

DeRailer
7th Jul 2003, 10:36 AM
Ships are never threatening, it's those who use it. :p
I think both assault and onslaught will have vehicles no?

hal
7th Jul 2003, 12:00 PM
Oh I think a ship design can be threatening. Those just look sorta cute and round like a shuttle or something. Maybe menacing is a better word.

Even something as benign as this ship is a little scarier. ;) http://www.starshipmodeler.com/trek/bugship.jpg