PDA

View Full Version : green tidal waves in CTF-November-2k3?

cvydas
5th Jul 2003, 12:10 AM
fire a flak cannon ball into the green slime and some really strange things happen. i really like the old UT maps CTF-November and CTF-Hydro16. the redo's by Will K. are great all except the green slime pits on both these maps act like flubber. i really would enjoy and play on these maps but find the crazy hyperactive thrashing green waves to be disturbing. Anyone else experience this?

The Dopefish
5th Jul 2003, 12:48 AM
fire a flak cannon ball into the green slime and some really strange things happen. i really like the old UT maps CTF-November and CTF-Hydro16. the redo's by Will K. are great all except the green slime pits on both these maps act like flubber. i really would enjoy and play on these maps but find the crazy hyperactive thrashing green waves to be disturbing. Anyone else experience this?

This is a demonstration of the Karma engine. Fire anything else into the water (or throw yourself in) and see what happens.

edhe
5th Jul 2003, 04:43 AM
Some people set their map's reactions too high, so maybe toning down the physics details in your options wills top the thrashing a little.

Though, the author might be 'avin a larrf.

Metakill
5th Jul 2003, 06:46 AM
For some reason, the flak cannon affects fluid surfaces more than any other projectile, including redeemers and shock-combos.

STALLONE
5th Jul 2003, 04:15 PM
everytime i play that map i spend 20 minutes looking for the deemer

Toolvana
5th Jul 2003, 04:32 PM
everytime i play that map i spend 20 minutes looking for the deemer
Here, let me help you out. It's right under the....oh, oh, oh, not so fast. :o

Original9
5th Jul 2003, 04:57 PM
For some reason, the flak cannon affects fluid surfaces more than any other projectile, including redeemers and shock-combos.

Has to do with projectile weight, I think. Either that or I'm talking out of my ass. :p

Shock6822
5th Jul 2003, 06:15 PM
D/l link anyone?