PDA

View Full Version : Little known fact about the DEMOREC command

WebSlinger
3rd Jul 2003, 01:08 PM
Here's an undocumented feature of the DEMOREC command. It also enables SUCKMODE for me and 1337MODE for everyone else in the game.

GrendelKeep: I made 3 mid-air combos off the shock rifle lift that resulted in nice frags (one resulted in a double-kill). I made another moving combo kill later as someone was going under the pulse-rifle staircase, and some cool LG/switch to rocket kills... so I'm thinking I'm "in tha ZONE!" Well, I drop to console and type DEMOREC which promptly enabled SUCKMODE... I should post the demo.. it's hilarious, just a bunch of NOTHING... I think I managed to kill the one newbie on the server while in demorec. The rest were a bunch of really nice headshots that I was on the receiving end of...

oh well...

Thrawn70
3rd Jul 2003, 01:37 PM
Yep, that's what happens to me too, so I have a key bound to demorec and demostop so as soon as I start playing I start a demo and then my SUCKMODE eventually turns off and I get some good shots :)

spineblaZe
3rd Jul 2003, 02:47 PM
Stupid suckmode.... :lol: I feel for ya Webby, that sucks, but I couldn't help laughing my ass off as I read that post.. Very funny stuff :D

Hey Thrawn, how do you set up a key to start and stop a Demorec?

Thrawn70
3rd Jul 2003, 04:45 PM
yeah, open your user.ini, scroll down to [Engine.Input] and find the key you want to bind... put demorec after the = and then for the demostop key, put that after another key's =. The demos will record as Demo001.dem, Demo002.dem, etc. You won't recieve any console notification that they're recording, but if you bind it properly, it'll work. :)

-AEnubis-
4th Jul 2003, 02:02 AM
You get used to that in time. Had the same problem. Just rec every game you play for a bit, and don't think about what that bind you press does. You'll delete a lot of crap when you're for a while, but you'll get used to it, and have some quality in the long run.

SugarBear
7th Jul 2003, 02:04 PM
back in UT1 when everyone was using that cool screengrab dump to make movies, I had it bound to a key.

while I was playing games online I could tap the key and it would put a huge load on my system, which would in effect slow everything down far enough for me to be able to pull off some really amazing stuff. I could hit combos you wouldn't even think possible, I posted a bunch of movies of them here a while ago, it worked great online, fire a shock ball, tap the dump key, combo the ball, tap the dump key again and go back to normal time.

DeDpoet|BuF
7th Jul 2003, 02:14 PM
i have a suckmode script embedded in the .exe at startup. :(