kasbah and china-r2 released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

fist_mlrs

that other guy
Jan 4, 2001
Zittau, Germany
www.fistmlrs.com
i decided to release kasbah and china-r2 now so they get the chance to hit a server before 2.9 is released. china3 needs just to much work to finish the mappack anytime soon.

i had to remove the botsupport from kasbah for performance reasons. the map is to narrow for this engine, the only way to ge bots to move is fooling the engine. since i had to do this for the hole map, not only some few doors, it resulted in a major performance hit. there are still pathnodes at a few important locations, so mutators which use pathnodes to work won't be a problem either.

china-r2 is the serverfriendly version of china-revised. basicly i removed the animalpack which caused serverproblems, reduced the overall brightness, fixed some errors and added some new stuff. i kinda like it now :)

download:
http://www.glassmann.de/fist_mlrs/fmkasbah.zip
http://www.glassmann.de/fist_mlrs/fmchina-r2.zip

Attachments

• Shot0007.jpg
    Shot0007.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 198
  • Shot0008.jpg
    Shot0008.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 186
  • Shot0009.jpg
    Shot0009.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 189
  • Shot0010.jpg
    Shot0010.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:

erehwoN

The Bass Ackwards BTL
May 30, 2001
Wyoming, USA
Visit site
fist_mlrs said:
no need to rename it as you can't play the old version unless you got 2.9 installed ;)

the new version is up, and this time it should work... i hope
Uhm....I know this has been mentioned before, but TBT has 2.9 specifically for the DS pack, nothing more. That was the original agreement.

fist_mlrs

that other guy
Jan 4, 2001
Zittau, Germany
www.fistmlrs.com
i know, and i didn't inted anything else. but my harddisk space is limited and i can't install more then one infiltration installation for mapping. my mapping inf is 5gb huge since it contains all my mapping stuff.

a few weeks ago i was testing some eas stuff and ended up with accidental replacing my current kasbah version with the version i used to mess around. thats it. while checking out the eas stuff i placed an hidden actor within the map i forgot to remove later. this hidden (and in this case absolutely useless) actor resulted in problems with clean installs.

Gullonefox

TBUILDT Webmaster/Mapper
Nov 27, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by fist_mlrs
no need to rename it as you can't play the old version unless you got 2.9 installed

the new version is up, and this time it should work... i hope
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uhm....I know this has been mentioned before, but TBT has 2.9 specifically for the DS pack, nothing more. That was the original agreement.

Hate to be a pain here. But don't you mean TBT were suppose to work for 2.87? Oh, umm, yes, umm sorry.. :p

Fenris

[-I-]Fenris
Aug 4, 1999
Hamburg,Germany
www.inforcers.org
Hey, if we all try to exaggerate a bit more here, we might finally be able to have some full-scale scandal here.

Calm down everyone. Even those that declare they are calm. ;)

I'll simply deploy my patented, free-of-charge omni-advice here :

"Use Common Sense" (TM)

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
Cleeus[JgKdo] said:
kasbah possibly cannot be played with DTAS - the flag can be placed in that ABCD-spawnpoint-box and then no attacker will be able to reach it.

Does DTAS place flags at any navigation point, or just at pathnodes? If the latter, it should be ok (assuming there are no pathnodes in the ABCD-spawnpoint-box).

fist_mlrs

that other guy
Jan 4, 2001
Zittau, Germany
www.fistmlrs.com
there are no pathnodes in the startbox, so there will be no flag. the pathnodes are placed in locations both teams can reach. there are no pthnodes close to any playerstarts, so a fair game should be possible. to my knowledge only the pathnodes are used for spawning the flag (would be kinda useless if its spawned at a playerstart).

mat69

just fooling around
Dec 9, 2001
Österreich
www.combatmaps.de
But that's the point, Cleeus was takling about DTAS, not about TAS. And in DTAS you can place the flag (everywhere) at the starting of the round, you don't have much time, so it will be maybe impossible to place it outside of this room. But who cares, nothing can be perfect.

w00p

Windows at its best
A) It sounds kinda strange to have a DTAS flag at a playerstart. Don't forget that in INF there is an option to have respawns... so if those respawns where enabled, you simply can't catch that flag without killing the entire enemy team. Wich results in the round ending by killing, wich makes it so that there's no difference between TDM and DTAS with respawns.

B) If that is true, that though point A, playerstarts can still be used for placement of a DTAS flag, there would always still be the option of an optimized version. DM-INF-Kasbah-DTAS like fat marrow did with UKTown. Dumping the spawn box in that version. (though I'd hate to see it leave, it brings such variety in gameplay :()

Last edited:

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
mat69 said:
But that's the point, Cleeus was takling about DTAS, not about TAS. And in DTAS you can place the flag (everywhere) at the starting of the round, you don't have much time, so it will be maybe impossible to place it outside of this room. But who cares, nothing can be perfect.

I was thinking of the D?TAS played on RA servers, which either includes or is always used with a random start mutator; in this case the playerstarts can be disregarded since they are never used as such (only pathnodes are), and the players will always start 'outside the box'.

Without random team starts (i.e. if playerstarts are actually used as such) there will be a problem, I guess, although not using random team starts in DTAS is no fun anyway ;)