MOUSE PADS

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Deathlok

Dec 26, 1999
Greenville, OH, USA
Visit site
I use and recommend the 3M Precise Mousing Surface, which you can pick up at any good office or computer supply store for about $10.00. What makes this pad the best thing available for any ball-using mouse is the special textured surface, which grips the ball and makes it spin evenly in any direction. Fabric-covered mouse pads allow the ball to slip and slide across the pad, resulting in inaccurate, uneven movements.

The 3M Precise Mousing Surface is very thin, unlike normal mouse pads. That thin design results in the pad curling and warping as it is used. But there is a simple and permanent solution for this: when I bought my 3M pad, I also bought a cheap, three-dollar, generic cloth-covered pad, and a can of spray adhesive (also a 3M product). After mounting my 3M pad to the cloth one, I have the best mouse pad in the world, and never have to worry about the curling or warping again. Altogether, I spend about $23, but it is absolutely worth every cent.

If you use a ball mouse, I urge to to try out the 3M Precise Mousing Surface. The difference is incredible. "Oh my God--the mouse is supposed to work like this?!?!" Like one gaming magazine reported a couple of months back, it's like getting a whole new mouse.

Bounca

Unemployed Loser
Jan 18, 2000
Visit site
I have a similar story. I recently purchased a pair of black, size 8 mens, Isotoner gloves, and where the right one on my mouse hand. It allows me to manipulate the mouse more efficiently and soaks up perspiration which can only cause ones hand to inadvertently slip off.
I can now turn quicker and shoot faster than ever before. Furthermore, I noticed my FPS improve and my avg. ping fall from 300 to 50!
My next experiment will involve the use of polarized sun glasses. You know...the ones pro-fisherman use to see through the glare to spot unsuspecting fish. I beleive the same principle will work with glare on my computer...besides, I think Bill Dance, Hank Parker and all those avid anglers are kool.

bullet2.gif

How bout a greazy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray!!!

el Gato

Has-Been
Jan 19, 2000
outside Raleigh NC
Deathlok - you work for 3M, don't you? Well, I think I'd spend my $23 on something else, like beer. Then you can blame poor gaming skills on alcohol and not a mouse pad. But i'm a newbie, so maybe I don't know any better...

bullet2.gif

"Charlie don't surf!"