PDA

View Full Version : CTF-EnternalCaves2K3 Beta Up For Grabs!

Sparky
30th Jun 2003, 02:43 AM
Since it's a rather slow news day I thought I'd go out on the wire and p1mp the beta of CTF-EnternalCaves2K3. Fordy's posted it over at INA, and you can catch the screenshots and all important download over at this thread. Remember kiddies, this is a beta so expect a few bumps along the road. Whilst you're at it be sure to stop by that thread and give him some feedback, as I can assure you... every bit helps!

hal
30th Jun 2003, 03:32 AM
I've been watching this one for quite a while now. I always loved EternalCaves, despite the constant bitching about this side or that having the advantage. :D

Fordy
30th Jun 2003, 03:49 AM
ownage! Oh wait, can I say that ? ;)

TossMonkey
30th Jun 2003, 07:20 AM
lol...

Good stuff so far Fordy. Remember, Bots need improving, and pickup bases (cliffyb always bitches about that one) ;)

Fordy
30th Jun 2003, 07:32 AM
Yeah I know the bots need work, its pretty basic so far. Weapon bases suck ass imo, ok in normal maps but they look out of place in insta.

TossMonkey
30th Jun 2003, 07:45 AM
Yeah, I know they suck but it's just that bots work better when you use bases instead of just the pickup. Maybe you can turn the base invisible using one of the actor properties... bGayBaseInvisible=true? ;)

Fordy
30th Jun 2003, 07:48 AM
Actually the weaponbases are there, but like you say they are set to bhidden ingame ;) Though I just noticed they dissapear in insta lol. anyway I might make my own, something stoney looking, those are too hi tec for the map.

Alhanalem
30th Jun 2003, 08:37 AM
remakes and conversions aren't worth news posts. save them for something original. except in cases where the map was given a total overhaul with original content added, and original mapper credit is given, I may make an exception. If i want to play face, or Deck, etc etc. ill go play UT, as I still keep it installed (mostly for the Jailbreak Sunday Lockdown )

Eternal caves sucks by the way- bases are way too imbalanced as blue's flag is 10x harder to get and escape with.

Fordy
30th Jun 2003, 08:47 AM
Ermm it has had a total overhaul, its not just 'another' remake.

FaT CaM
30th Jun 2003, 09:01 AM
I pity the foo!

hal
30th Jun 2003, 10:31 AM
See, I knew the EC bitching would begin! :D

Say what you will about the unbalanced bases, but I've had some of the most fun matches on Caves. And yeah, haven't grabbed it yet, but from the pics I've seen on the Atari forums (and past work I've seen from Fordy), this is a proper remake.

Sparky
30th Jun 2003, 08:08 PM
You'd better include weapon bases, or I'll email Cliff and you won't get 0wnage :).

Fordy
30th Jun 2003, 08:35 PM
Weapon bases are now in though I might make a replacement for them, they look too hi-tec for caves.

TossMonkey
30th Jun 2003, 08:51 PM
Make a rock static mesh for the bases. It's a 10 minute job in 3DS. :)

Or perhaps a pile of planks o' wood, or maybe a dustpile.