PDA

View Full Version : DeatHBall 1.7 released

Bazzi
29th Jun 2003, 05:27 PM
Go to http://www.deathball.net to get the hot stuff and frag some! :)

Servers will be mostly updated tomorrow :)

A_Rimmerlister
30th Jun 2003, 01:38 AM
Do bots know how to play this game for real now ?
Or is it still on the 'to do'-list ?

Sparky
30th Jun 2003, 02:49 AM
As I recall, I think I remember Mr. M talking about leaving the bot support for good. I'm not to phased anyway, DB was fun for all of 20 minutes.

Doc_EDo
30th Jun 2003, 03:30 AM
Do bots know how to play this game for real now ?
Or is it still on the 'to do'-list ?
I think bots are better, but far away from being a challenge.
DavidM has a leetish attitude where the on-line game is the only one important. Too bad.

A_Rimmerlister
30th Jun 2003, 05:30 AM
*damn* this game had so much potential for good bot-tactics ... :(

TossMonkey
30th Jun 2003, 07:22 AM
Does anyone still care about DB?

DavidM, this is a plea, please for the love of god stop beating the dead horse and get on with some killer deathmatch maps, Team Vortex is being wasted on this dead mod.

Doc_EDo
30th Jun 2003, 12:09 PM

DavidM, this is a plea, please for the love of god stop beating the dead horse and get on with some killer deathmatch maps, Team Vortex is being wasted on this dead mod.
He's busy ruining the gameplay. :lol:
Maybe after version 2343.5c.

Creole Ned
30th Jun 2003, 11:47 PM

If Deathball is a "dead mod" then every other mod for UT2003 is beyond dead because it has more players online than other any user mod. Just saying, is all. :)

I enjoy playing it with my clan but the bot support is pretty spotty and that's too bad, really. It would certainly boost its overall popularity if it was viable offline. UT2003 has plenty of good DM maps and mappers. I don't think we really need DavidM contributing to an already over-represented gametype. Now if he wanted to make a Double Dom map or two... :D

The Dopefish
1st Jul 2003, 12:09 AM
I'd like to correct my colleage Creole Ned where he says "[Deathball] has more players online than 'other' any user mod".

Deathball is the only mod with players online. :)

Bazzi
1st Jul 2003, 10:44 AM
*damn* this game had so much potential for good bot-tactics ... :(

Bot support is planned, but it's a lot harder than other stuff.... and why wasting so much time with making bots better when we can improve the whole DB?

But bots will come back :)

(DeathBall actually is intended to be a multiplayer/online game with our league and stuff, but we know as well that some dont play online often and we will care about them)

Doc_EDo
1st Jul 2003, 11:40 AM
Why the F*** did you remove stomping damage?? :(
That's just plain RUDE! :mad:

Original9
1st Jul 2003, 11:59 AM
I'm glad to see someone agrees with me. Meh, let those who enjoy it, enjoy it. No sense in clubing DavidM with your opinion. As long as there are people on those servers there is no need for him to give a rats ass. Knowing David, he probably doesn't give a rats ass.

With that said, I'd like to take this to time thank DavidM for bring a remotely entertianing mod to the community. :)

The Dopefish
1st Jul 2003, 12:20 PM
Is DeathBall an add-on to UT2003? Example, when I install DeathBall, will it show up in my UT2003 server browser as a Tab? (ex: CTF, DM, DB?)

Or, is it a totally separate game I run independently of UT2003?

Deathball is a mod, not a total conversion. Without any TCs out yet to give as an example, a TC would most likely be something you activate seperate of UT2003 but that you need the engine to run. A mod just overlays the stuff in UT2003, thus not needing a seperate .exe to run. In UT2003, mods show up as a "Custom" tab in the SB.

overd0ze.
1st Jul 2003, 09:51 PM
DB is so grrrrrrrrrr.

DavidM
4th Jul 2003, 04:44 AM
making deathmatch and ddom maps? you couldn't come up with a better waste of time, eh?

A_Rimmerlister
4th Jul 2003, 09:24 AM
Bot support is planned, but it's a lot harder than other stuff.... and why wasting so much time with making bots better when we can improve the whole DB?

Why avoid something just because it's difficult ?
It's a challenge that will only make the mod better, something which can't be said of all the rules & fluff that has been/will be added.

But bots will come back :)

They'd better be ... or I'll send my own personal T800 to terminate your existance ;)

(DeathBall actually is intended to be a multiplayer/online game with our league and stuff, but we know as well that some dont play online often and we will care about them)
if you really cared you'd have decent bot-support by now ... :P

DavidM
4th Jul 2003, 09:25 AM
dont listen to blazzi, he has no clue about the deathball development :)

we have a coder working ONLY on the AI now

Hunter
4th Jul 2003, 10:11 AM
the 0.* releases where good cos only BuF new about it