Odd problem with SetLocation

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JamesKilton

UA Coder
Oct 6, 2002
Everywhere and Nowhere
Visit site
K. This is rather weird. I am working on a system that will, when built, spawn a building quite a ways above the world, trace down and find the ground, then move the building there. I'm doing this because i just can't get the buildings to spawn directly on the ground, the are always floating in the air. Anyway, my problem comes after i've found the location on the terrain to move to:

Controller.Trace(HitLocation, HitNormal, TraceEnd, PlacedStructure.Location);

Works fine, TraceEnd is set correctly, Controller.Trace because this is in an Interaction. But here:

PlacedStructure.SetLocation(HitLocation);

doesn't work. I've tried it w/ both bUseCylinderCollision on and off, same problem. Is there something I'm missing?